Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate active zone minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am an obese woman and I hate the new active zone minutes. My doctor told me to do moderate exercise so as not to induce a heart attack and with this new active zonee minutes, going 115 BPM (me huffing and puffing up a hill incline) does not even register as being active or entering Fat burning mode! I don't want to be shamed for attempting exercise because it's not the "zone" Fitbit thinks I should be! My doctor said it was a crock that my Fitbit won't register a moderately elevated heart rate, like 115-117 as "fat burning". Waste of money and my husband was sad that the gift ended up being disappointing after the "upgrade".

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I quite like the active minutes, but im the same as you, it takes a lot to get into fat burning mode. I dont run and to get into cardio is even tougher. I have to get up to 109 bpm. I just suggest you don't worry about them, if you get points, you get them but don't fixate on them, don't let it put you off and keep walking up those hills. You're still doing steps, still getting your heart pumping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 doesn't even tell me how many minutes I walked!  Somehow Charge 2 could identify when I was exercising hard and give me the proper amount of peak and cardio minutes.  With Charge 2 my heart rate would go up to 140-150, which isn't good, true, but Versa 2 barely gives me cardio and rarely, if ever, gives me anything close to peak.  Doesn't make sense to me.  My oximeter gives me a more accurate reading!

Best Answer