Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting “Clock error log into app and try another clock” when trying to change clock face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to change my clock yesterday and now my Fitbit only says “Clock error log into app and try another clock.” I have done this several times and chosen a Fitbit clock and every time I do the clock will not load and I get the same error message. I have no reset the Fitbit 3 times, including removing the device and then reading it. This is super frustrating, my software is up to date.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Nikkisni

Here is a copy of the Versa manual, the answers to lots of questions can be found in it.

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hey @Nikkisni

Here is a copy of the Versa manual, the answers to lots of questions can be found in it.

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

What type of device is the Fitbit app on? 

Best Answer

Iphone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this fixed? I'm having that problem now but I never tried to change the clock. When I try to load a different clock face it just keeps trying to reload. Iphone 5S.

Best Answer

Did you get this fixed? I'm having that problem now but I never tried to change the clock. When I try to load a different clock face it just keeps trying to reload. I'm using an Iphone 5S.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am suffering this problem as well. Keep Android Fitbit apps update to date (version 2.79) but this problem starts to surface complaining Clock Error and ask for selecting new clock face. It will keep on reboot.WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 20.06.29.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 20.06.29 (1).jpeg

Best Answer

Today mine did the same thing.   Clock  error reading. I haven’t tried to change a thing. It’s been the same clock face since I got my Versa. Stupid app updated and now my Versa is jacked up!!!

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing tonight. It eventually went off and now it will not reset or turn back on. 

Best Answer
I managed to factory reset but unfortunately battery only last 2 days and touch screen completely disable.
Best Answer

hey thanks for the obvious documentation LOL why don't you just tell me a solution or I would have just looked at my book in the first place?! I would have posted it on here or anybody else shouldn't have posted if they could just look at the manual they expect a decent reply

Best Answer

FYI I just fixed it temporary permanent I don't know but it's working I got my watch face to work again 🙂 what you do is you open up the Fitbit app on the phone go to faces go to the permissions toggle off and then on again if you put them on coincidentally for one of the basic watch faces you'll end up draining your watch a little bit because it's something running versus just giving you the time day and date you can get your stats through the app or swiping up at any rate toggling those will refresh the face and make it work again try it 🙂 thanks just another concerned versa user who used the same face from before the update and before it's called basics the watch face.  👍

Best Answer

The only solution is to get a replacement. thanks to fitbit sending me a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by “ go to the permissions toggle off” I can’t find that on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im getting same messages of clock error...how can i resolve this..very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received the same "Clock Error" after updating on my Versa last night.

Solution: Replace the clock face.  I tried reinstalling the existing clock face (since I really like it), but that failed.  So, I replaced it with a random clock face, then reinstalled my favorite clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply, i have done this 5 times and keep getting aERROR. So today i chose a Fitbit clock just to see what happens, so far so good,. Altho its not the one I’d prefer to have

Cheers from
Cindy's IPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@charlottesimas the permissions will be found in your phones settings, not on the Fitbit app 

Best Answer
I got mine to work somehow but thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - had tried installing a bunch of different faces, nothing worked. Going into my phone settings/apps/fitbit/advanced on my phone and allowing the fitbit app to install apps seems to have worked (although I also toggled all the other permissions off and on again so it could be that too) .

Best Answer
0 Votes