Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility with Pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa does not allow me to control music or receive notifications, rendering it useless as a smartwatch. It's very disappointing that Fitbit does not support the latest flagship phone for one of the largest technology companies on the planet. Is there a timeline on when this will be supported or should I return this device?

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

What's worrisome is that as I looked through the list of Android devices, there are some phones going back to to as early as 2013. If not that far back there's a lot of phones a generation or two behind. Not a lot of
current models.

Rumor has it that the Pixel 3 is due out in the fall. If we haven't seen support yet for the Pixel 2, they may jump to support the Pixel 3.

It seems you really are at a disadvantage if you are not using an iPhone.

Every current device is supported on the list.

When I spoke to Fitbit support, they said the Versa will work with the Pixel 2 but will have periodic issues where it won't connect at all. So it will work, just not reliably over time. 

Best Answer

What's discouraging is that it seems like many older phones (some as far back as 2013) are on the compatibility list for Android but many newer phones are not .

Meanwhile all of the latest Apple devices are supported. So it seems if you are on Android it's really hit or miss. 

If we haven't seen support for the Pixel 2 and the 2 XL yet, will we ever with rumors of the Pixel 3 coming out in October? Your guess is as a good as mine .

When I spoke to Fitbit support they said it should work on our devices but eventually there will be problems and it won't work reliably. This can be why some are reporting that all is well with thier Versa and Pixel 2/XL. All was well with mine until this week.  Now I can't get it to connect at all.  

I'm retuning mine until things improve if at all. Really too bad as it was the most comfortable Fitbit I have worn.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@micheleh98 wrote:

I posted this in another discussion about not receiving text notifications. I am not getting ALL of my notifications yet, but my Pixel 2 is syncing and I am getting my call and text notifications. I still do this once a day.

I found some instructions for changing the bluetooth settings in developer mode that has helped my situation. However, I still have to go through a complicated process to reset and reconnect everything as often as once a day. After doing this, (I think) I get all of my notifications again. This is what I have been doing:

1. Turn off bluetooth in the phone.
  2. Go to settings and force stop FitBit app.
  3. Still in settings, go to storage(?) for FitBit app and clear cache.
  4. Clear all notifications.
  5. Close all recently used apps.
  6. Power phone off.
  7. Restart Versa (holding left and bottom right button for 10ish seconds until the FitBit logo appears)
  8. Power phone back on.
  9. Restart bluetooth.
  10. Restart Fitbit app.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me. 

What impact does this watch have on your phone. Got a Pixel 2 also, and wondering how it impacts its battery life. 

Had First Gen Moto360 and had to stop using it back in the day as just killed my phones battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Other than the issues earlier this month with an app update, I don't see any noticeable issues with my battery life on my phone. I don't really think there has been any kind of decrease since getting my Versa, despite the connection issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get the notifications to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar difficulties with my Fitbit and Google Pixel 2 XL. I recently purchased the Versa and I am unable to choose a clock face for my watch. Has this happened to anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find any solution?  I'm having this issue and seems to also be connected to issues with staying connected to the bluetooth maybe?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had better luck since upgrading to Android 9. I no longer have to restart everything everyday. I have done it a time or two since upgrading, but in the past I had done it more than once a day when things were at their worst. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problems have started with the Android 9 update I think.  What did you do in the past that worked?  NOTHING seems to be working for me.  I think I've tried everything suggest here and from Fitbit with no success.  It's so frustrating that up until the Android update I had no issues at all.

Best Answer

@angelapdx77 wrote:

My problems have started with the Android 9 update I think.  What did you do in the past that worked?  NOTHING seems to be working for me.  I think I've tried everything suggest here and from Fitbit with no success.  It's so frustrating that up until the Android update I had no issues at all.

This is my earlier post on my "daily dance" to get my notifications:  

@micheleh98 wrote:

I posted this in another discussion about not receiving text notifications. I am not getting ALL of my notifications yet, but my Pixel 2 is syncing and I am getting my call and text notifications. I still do this once a day.

I found some instructions for changing the bluetooth settings in developer mode that has helped my situation. However, I still have to go through a complicated process to reset and reconnect everything as often as once a day. After doing this, (I think) I get all of my notifications again. This is what I have been doing:

1. Turn off bluetooth in the phone.
  2. Go to settings and force stop FitBit app.
  3. Still in settings, go to storage(?) for FitBit app and clear cache.
  4. Clear all notifications.
  5. Close all recently used apps.
  6. Power phone off.
  7. Restart Versa (holding left and bottom right button for 10ish seconds until the FitBit logo appears)
  8. Power phone back on.
  9. Restart bluetooth.
  10. Restart Fitbit app.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I brought the versa and have pixel 2 and only have issues once. Turned both
off and restarted phone, then watch and worked fine. --

Andy Lettis
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it still work good with your pixie 2xl?(:

Best Answer
0 Votes

seems fine to be honest. was expecting to have issues from some things read and had prepared myself to maybe sent back. but been very impressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have found that restarting the Pixel, sometimes, helps. If there has been any other solution offered, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I periodically have to turn off the Bluetooth and let the Fitbit app ask to connect to it. Then it works for a few days before I have to do it again usually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have all the boxes checked to update throughout the day. But the device refuses to update and "forgets" the wifi multiple times a day. To update I have go to Wifi Settings/Setup Wifi and click my connection to get it to re-connect. WTF.

And to add insult to injury for the last month or so I cannot see Beats Per Minute on my phone and my sleep log on the app only gives me basic info. I read there was a bug on that they are looking at but when 3 things on the watch do not work as advertised and who knows when those things will be fixed - it's enough to toss it into a drawer and find a watch that actually works. I'm waiting for the Pixel Watch and will drop the Versa in a minute because it is so labor intensive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a. Pixel 2 and cannot receive notifications even though I have set it up to do so. I was so excited about this watch but am now disappointed. I have had difficulty with it communicating with my phone. Upgraded from a charge 2 having no proglems at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get the notifications to work either. Very frustrating. I have a pixel 2. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. I had a charge 2  and it worked perfectly. Not sure if I should return or not. I was so excited about this watch but it is not doing what I want it to do...ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. I am having the same problem and wonder if I should return it s well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have any idea when these features may be working?

Best Answer
0 Votes