Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete data depending on tracking method

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've a problem with my fitbit/android app collecting the full range of GPS and heart rate data depending on the method of tracking the activity.

1) If I let the versa 2 auto track the activity then I get heart rate data but no GPS data from the linked phone

2) If I track the activity from the phone app then I get GPS route data but no heart rate data from the linked fitbit. In this case the activity shows "not enough heart rate data available"

Given the app and device are linked there has to be a way for this data gathered. So how is this achieved?

It's also frustrating that the in tracking option 1 it automatically detects an outdoor bike ride but in tracking option 2 I have to select run then convert to bike when I get home.

Given the versa 3 has a GPS on-board is this going to solve my issues - not that I *want* to spend more money so soon but...   

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @rojblake! The solution is Option 3 - start the exercise manually from your wrist and you will have GPS and heart rate in the same activity.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @rojblake! The solution is Option 3 - start the exercise manually from your wrist and you will have GPS and heart rate in the same activity.

Best Answer

Thank you - that did the trick. Quite why, given there's a bluetooth link in place, that each option behaves differently is unclear but I now have something that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's definitely frustrating. For me, the one that drives me most
batty is that the duration of the exercise can't be edited, since I
sometimes forget to turn it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes