Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect heart rate data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past five months, the Fitbit has consistently given accurate heart rate levels. Last Friday, the 3rd, I went to the gym and ran six miles on treadmill. I wear my Fitbit all night to record my sleep. The first sign of suspicion came the next morning, when I found that my Fitbit couldn't distinguish my sleep patterns due to an irregular heart rate, which never happened before. That day, on the 4th, I spent most of my day in the dorm room, only going out to visit the cafeteria. Despite being mostly sedentary, it said I did 6 hours 15 minutes fat burn, 1 hour 32 minutes cardio, which was highly inconsistent. Even when resting, my heart rate may be from 100 to 140. As a result, it said I had more active minutes on Saturday than Friday, though Fridays tend to be my active days.

I've tried many methods to getting a correct heart rate meeting. I restarted my Fitbit multiple times, didn't wear it for a single night, cleaned the LEDs on the bottom, and set it on a table for several minutes. All these methods did not work and I still get an inconsistent reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

My versa is starting to do the exact same thing which began about a week ago. I have had the versa for a year and have always felt the heart rate was pretty accurate. I usually run 3-5 miles 5 to 6 times per week. My normal stats would be a 25 minute run for 3 miles and an average heart bpm around 135. The Peak heart rate zone is 6-8 minutes. In the past week, my heart rate stats have increased to 170 bpm and the full run being in the peak zone, around 25 minutes. Nothing has really changed with the way I run except the heart rate stats have increased dramatically. My resting heart rate has stayed the same during all this change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similarly, I have experienced some strange readings on my versa, which in my case is quite worrying as I had a mild heart attack at the end of last year!

Doing gym work (ie indoor), my heart rate is around 110 - 130, if it gets more i slow down. Exercising outdoors - either brisk walk or cycling - my heart rate goes right up - including a reading of over 200 on my bike, which included >50% of the time in the 'peak' area. This is just not right, as I was actually taking it easy on that ride! (I used to ride frequently before my episode, since then I have been wary of doing too much).

So I think there are some issues with the heart rate monitor when doing vigorous exercise. But it has caused me a fair amount of concern!

Best Answer
0 Votes