Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is RTL support available for Versa 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got my versa 2 device and i noticed a fundamental problem, that is a big one for me.

Languages that are RTL (Hebrew for example) are displayed with correct letters but LTR, which makes the massages and notifications unreadable.

is this problem known or going to be addressed anytime soon? this is a deal breaker for me to use this device and i need to know what to do.

Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @GabiArzu. I'll be glad to assist you with your RTL availability inquiry.

Currently we don't have this feature available but you can go ahead and vote for the suggestion: Notifications format for Hebrew to read from right to left. This could be really useful for you. 

I hope this helps. Keep visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

October 2020,    and still no fixup of RTL  in Versa 2.

This shows not serious approach to half of the world.

RTL is not only Hebrew,  it is Arabic as well.

I can hardly believe that fitbit eliminates automatically millions potential users and existing ones....

Best Answer

@ron.77466 -

As @AndreaFitbit will confirm, it sometimes takes a long time for a suggestion to be implemented. A suggestion of mine for the iOS app, created on 1-22-18 was placed into production in July of 2020, one and one-half years later.

It is surprising that my vote just posted to the suggestion mentioned above was just the 16th vote - my suggestion had nearly 300 votes. May I suggest you get friends and acquaintances having FitBit devices to vote for the suggestion?

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

That is a very bad and unprofessional answer.

from your answer i understand that FitBit products are NOT addressing:

40% of South America

50% of North America

35% of West Europe

15% of East Europe

100% Middle East including the Persian Gulf area
100% Central Asia
25% Far East
100% North Africa
100% Central Africa
70% Southern Africa

In Fact - Most of the world.

You guys should declare that you are NOT supporting RTL text,   and you should refund fully those who found out that they have been fooled.
all of other competitors are fully supporting RTL 

Best Answer

@ron.77466 -

While I understand your disappointment (I did vote for the suggestion. Did you?  NO - you didn't), I would be much interested in where you found your numbers - especially the "50% of North America".

Of the over three-hundred million people in the United States, 78% of them, or 239 million, only speak/read English. And it seems that individuals who speak Arabic, Hebrew, Pashto, Persian, Urdu and Sindhi, the most widespread RTL writing systems, make up less than three million of the residents, or 1 percent. Adding Chinese (top to bottom and right to left) and Japanese only adds another four million. And many of my acquaintances who speak Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese and Chinese do not read those languages.

Canadians are not so limited, with English and French being more prominent than any other language. Even with a larger than most would expect Chinese population speaking Mandarin and Cantonese, Canada's total population is barely 10 percent of the United States. In fact, more people live in the state of California than in the entire country of Canada. Even if the entire population of Canada read RTL, it would only bring the percentage for North America up to about 13 percent, not 50 percent

<<edit>>

And let's not forget Mexico with a population of approximately 130 million people. The main language spoken in that country is, of course, Spanish, with as few as 6% of the populace speaking one of the 83 indigenous languages, with less than one percent speaking Nahuati, which is spoken more in Central America. RTL languages are virtually non-existent in Mexico. While there are some people speaking Arabic, Chinese and Japanese, as a percentage, they barely make a blip.

With the inclusion of Mexico, the maximum percentage of RTL speaking (let alone reading) people in North America even if you fake the numbers in Canada to 100%, now looks to be 8 percent, a far cry from 50.

<</edit>>

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have research resources i use for my work, those are being updated every week.

No sharing is possible since i am signed on disclosure agreement, and in addition - i pay for that service.

Best Answer
0 Votes