Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn off Fitbit Pay?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday at work in a library my fitbit pay screen was continually coming on as I work near a machine for removing tag security from books at the counter. It literally went off about 50 times, every time I was within 10cm of it, and ran my battery down to 6%! How do I switch off the pay notifications without switching off all of them? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @rachelmeaton, I hope you're doing well, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that at this moment it's not possible to turn off Fitbit Pay but I completely understand why it's important to you to turn it off. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @rachelmeaton, I hope you're doing well, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that at this moment it's not possible to turn off Fitbit Pay but I completely understand why it's important to you to turn it off. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer

I also work in the library and am having this same (very annoying) issue!
My Versa keeps vibrating and notifying me to 'pay' every time I even get near the desk! I only bought it the other day and this is the first time wearing it to work. If a way to turn this off isn't added then I may have to give up trying to wear it at work, which makes the whole thing a bit useless really and I might as well return it!
It's extra annoying as I can't even use the pay function as my bank isn't supported!
Surely adding a setting to turn off these notifications for people who haven't set the pay function up (or just don't want notifications constantly) just makes sense?!

Hope they add this soon!

Best Answer

This is not solved! And I am having the same problem. How can it not be possible to turn off the pay function. This happens every time I am at a store. Also, my bank doesn't work on fitbit. Isn't it a security risk that my fitbit tries to interact with touchless pay sensors and I have no way to turn it off?

Best Answer

As of today, this is still an unresolved issue. Even if we're not able to turn off Fitbit Pay, can't there be an option to disable notifications for this feature at the every least?

Best Answer

This is STILL an issue. Please find a way to turn this function off. My bank is also not supported and my Fitbit is constantly going off at work .

Best Answer

This is an issue that's only just started for me, because I looked at fitbit pay. I don't actually want to use it and now I'm having to charge my Fitbit daily as I keep getting asked for a code .I've bought fitbits for a long time but with this issues I will be looking around for a different tracker next time.  

Best Answer

Hello @TraceyB72 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that this is not an issue itself, turning off Fitbit Pay is not a feature that currently exists. Now, if you don't use Fitbit Pay and have set up a pin that you need to enter every time, I would like to suggest you to follow these steps to remove it:

1. Tap on Account > Versa
  2. Scroll down and tap on Device Lock
  3. Confirm your pin.
  4. Tap on "Enabled for Wallet only"
  5. Tap on the arrow on the top left corner of the screen to go back.

This will enable device lock only if you use the Wallet app in your Versa, so if you don't use it, you will not be asked to enter a pin each time you tap on it. 

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome, we'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer

This is pretty pathetic considering 'turning off' fitbit pay is an option under the online platform. 

Why would anyone 'suggest' that it should be an option when it already is one?

I have also noticed that it is impossible to turn off Fitbit pay from the online platform or the device. 

I've had to remove the Fitbit Ionic from the online platform and then do a factory reset on the device. 

This is overkill. 

Plus my ionic is still displaying sleep data in days that have not occurred yet - and this issue is supposed to have been 'solved'. Today is Tuesday 10 Septemer and it shows my last nights sleep data as being in the future on the 11th September a Wednesday. 

Do you guys ever solve issues?

I"m pretty disappointed at the lack of real after sales service from Fitbit, and its been that way for the past 2 years. 

Best Answer

The following message always pop up in my iconic watch:

You have not added any cards in your wallet.

How to turn it Off,?

Best Answer

This fitbit is a piece of crap, we can't do nothing! And the tech support is simply terrible, apologizing all the time doesn't solve any problems. 

Best Answer

It is dishonest to suggest that the issue of receiving disruptive notification after notification to set up fitbit pay is resolved by saying that it can’t be stopped. Being repeatedly harassed to set up pay while working is unacceptable. If you insist that I must tolerate this or be forced to set up pay on your devices, I will happily stop using it and recommend to all in my community to not use your products. 

Best Answer

I got fitbit versa  3 for about 2 months. I'm at the edge of returning my watch to costco since I haven't found any solution to disable/turn off the fitbit wallet. I'm constantly harassed by this message - even in the middle of night. It's absolutely ridiculous. It could and should be done easily, if fitbit put their  users' experience on the top of their list. SO disappointing. I used to have  Charge 3. Within one year, my watch is SO dimmed and nothing could be read (even in house). After I complaint, they sent me another "new" charge 3, it dimmed again in one week and became another piece of junk. I thought I might have better user experience if I switch to different model. I guess I AM wrong... 

Best Answer

Don't feel you're alone with this problem - i bought a versa 3 from fitbit direct a couple months ago and plan on returning it even though it's past the 30 day trial period.   It is so f'ng assanine that the pay feature cant be turned off- you have to believe Fitbit hires 2nd graders to addres problems with the no good device.  And on the versa 3 there is no real button - just an area on the side of the tracker thst is supposed to sense finger contact. 😑 Of course it doesn't work reliably and "floats" all over so you never know if it'll work ir u ou have to keep hunting and pecking snd pressing & hope it just might operate.

Best Answer

It's a sucky piece of **ahem** and zi was duped into buying it as a replacement for my Blaze ' that froze and could not be rescued even by the tech wizards st **ahem**bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 4 years that’s still an issue?  How ridiculous!  I’m sending my Versa 3 back to Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your Fitbit dashboard you can go to Device Settings and scroll to the botton where it says Fitbit Pay. There you can deactivate that function on your watch. It won't show up on your screen anymore. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am new to Fitbit and the Charge 5 asking for card info is extremely annoying.  Almost so I'm considering sending the Charge 5 back...  Hope they come up with a fix fast...

Best Answer

Same thing with my Versa 3.  I’m about to send it back.

Best Answer

I don’t see device settings.  I see account settings and app settings.   Where is device settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes