Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 battery replaceable or interchangeable?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been told that the battery on Versa and Versa 2 cannot be replaced.  Recently on YouTube.com, there were a series of demonstrations showing how to remove and to replace the battery.  The company that did the demo sells the battery for about $15 and also will install it for a fee.  I was wondering if anyone has replaced their battery and how effective it has been.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice for you, but I wonder if it is an update that Fitbit did that is eating our batteries. I don't remember if I got an update before mine started draining quickly. Mine isn't as bad as all of yours seems, I charged to 99% less than 24 hours ago and now I'm at 70%, but with the issues I'm having with inaccurate information being delivered (telling me I've taken 40,000 steps but have only gone .1 mile and burned 200 calories when I just woke up), I'm so ready to be done with Fitbit. Just don't know which platform to use instead.

Best Answer

Fitbit support says it was the previous update. So I switched the clock face, put it on dim etc and updated the app. I’m doubtful, but we’ll see. 

Best Answer

So disappointed with this Versa 2 Product , purchased it in March 2021 and the battery is not charging correctly have to charge every night, have talked to Fitbit and have gotten the runaround will never purchase the Versa 2 again, will go back to charge products they sell so disappointed.

caddison3

Best Answer

Update: It’s working so far. Except, with it on dim it’s hard to see, my SpO2 clock face is gone, and I’ve turned off text and email notifications, so now it’s essentially a $200 pedometer. Support admitted it was the app -for me the June update. I updated again, on their advice, to 34.3. I’m now at 24 hours post-charge and the battery is still 88% - phenomenal when you consider the battery was dying in less than 8 hours! Will it last? Other posts suggest not, but we’ll see.  

Best Answer

I have had versa 2 for a little over a year. the battery lasted all the time for about 7 days of work and recently, for no reason, I have to charge the device every day or even twice a day. the device has a date of activation (first run) on 05/27/2020.

What exactly have you done to make the battery last for a week again? Just phone app update?
Best Answer
The first work around was to disable the Bluetooth on your device and manually sync. This worked, but it was inconvenient because I couldn’t use my Apple pencil and Bluetooth keyboard on my iPad. About 3 weeks ago, there was an update to the Fitbit app in the Apple App Store. This update made a world of difference for me. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Lots of smoke and mirrors from Support - disable this, delete that - but the bottom line is the 34.2 update was the culprit, we started howling, they undid whatever they’d done and issued 34.3 and now it’s back to normal. I’ve gone back to my SpO2 clockface, text notifications etc and the battery charge is still holding. 

Best Answer

My versa 2 stopped work no sign of power at all. I tried to follow all instructions but nothing. What should I do. 

Best Answer

Throw it away and not buy another, hondstly i tried it all. I got a LetsCom watch on Amazon instead. Cheaper, does same. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list.  I bought my Versa 2 at the end of June 2020, so of course 13 months later (today) battery dies and won't take a charge.  Like the rest of you, it started going shorter and shorter before needing a charge over the past two weeks.  I will do the same---throw it away and buy something else--what a waste of $200+.  I see from all the posts there is no point in contacting customer nonsupport as they won't do anything other than hide behind their "its only a 12 month warranty" excuse.  I had s Moto smart watch before that lasted several years.  Will not buy another fitbit watch.

Best Answer

Hi Michelleohio,

The battery is replaceable.  I have replaced batteries on my previous Charge HR and Surge watches.  The Versa 2 is more like a modern-day phone when it comes to changing batteries.  My Versa 2 is on its way to needing a battery replacement as in every forum I have been on, the general consensus is that it lasts a year.  You really got a bad batch of FitBits though.  I couldn't agree more with most of the comments on this forum that Fitbit has seen their last days.  When I first started using Fitbit when I got my Charge HR, they were great.  Awesome customer support and very helpful.  Now, if you have a problem you have to be a real pain in the **ahem** in order to get anything done. 

Here is a video on how to pull apart the Fitbit Versa 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4JFMm6IQU

My only problem is that I cannot find these darn batteries on eBay or Aliexpress in order to purchase one.

Do you have a link to the company that sells them for $15?

Fitbit Versa 2 Teardown | Battery Replacement fitbit versa 2 teardown | How to open Fitbit versa 2 | How to change fitbit Versa 2 battery | How to change fitbit versa 2 Display If this video helps you then please support my channel https://www.patreon.com/diyeasy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted this a year ago.  I don't remember the name of the company.  I found them through youtube.com.  The company is based in either Washington or Oregon.  I believe that I watched a video like the one you show and contacted the person who did it.  I looked quickly at the one you posted, but didn't see a name of an individual or company.  There may be another video.  I don't have time now, but I will go through my email to look for my communications with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am yet another person who got their Fitbit back in 2019.  Recently I’ve found that my battery is down to 80% within a few hours of charging.  It’ll sort of cling to that last 10%, so maybe it needs charging every 4 days instead of 3, but I used to go at least a week if not a bit longer.  The band also cracked in half about a year ago, but luckily I had a replacement on hand and was at home when it unexpectedly fell off my wrist.  

Hey Fitbit: If I wanted to charge my watch every couple of days I would have gone with the fruit-flavored competitor.  Just saying.    

Best Answer

Give up on Fitbit. I did this last week and couldn't be happier. I've had a horrible experience with Fitbit ever since getting the Versa 2.  Even tried getting the Sense and that was a complete mess as well.

Last week my wife got me the Samsung Galaxy watch 4 and I couldn't be happier. This watch is the best! It has so many more features that even the sense and boy oh boy it's a great smart watch! Even will give you your lap times during your workout when using headphones.

Excellent watch. Ditch your stress, ditch your unhappiness, ditch Fitbit!

Cheers.

Best Answer
Agreed, bought a cheaper Amazon fit watch works much better.
Best Answer

I’m also having the same issue. Purchased in December 2019. Working great until out of the blue this weekend now only hold a charge of about 3 hours! What the heck! Did you try the replacement battery? If yes did it seem to work? What was the company? 

did fitbit do anything for you? 

did you replace with another brand then? Apple Watch? 

Best Answer

Yes Fitbit support were helpful. Lots of try this try that but the real answer was that the most recent update was responsible for the battery drain. Updated the app again and Fitbit had corrected the problem. Now battery life back to normal. 
Other annoying little glitches - the SpO2 suddenly will read only on the clock face, not in the daily Health Metrics, can’t change time zone on clock face etc. I keep it for now but def plan upgrade - refurbished smart watch maybe. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same battery issue here. Purchased in 2019. Waiting to hear back from them also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service weren’t helpful for me at ALL. They suggested to restart the device and my phone (already did) then just said- yea it’s unusual battery activity but we won’t fix it so here is a lame discount code. It’s less than 2 years old! Did you guys give in a buy another one?? I feel like I shouldn’t support a company like that! What are other portions? Apple Watch? 

Best Answer

Definitely not an apple watch! They are useless devices! I bought my wife one early this year and it's so limited. There is no continuous heart rate monitoring for one. Every function requires a separate app. It's total rubbish. My wife only uses it for telling the time and push notifications now because of how annoying and limited it is. Plus it's way more expensive. Yes it's pretty and that's about it. Rather spend your money on a Samsung Galaxy watch 4. Very good value for money and you will be very happy! To be honest, the Samsung Galaxy watch 4 is prettier than an apple watch. The screen is so beautifully clear. You're not limited in anything. I love the fact that it gives me lap times during a cycle. Such a cool watch! 

Best Answer