Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic & sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Versa 2 mic doesn't work. I have tried to reset watch and still doesn't work. 

Also, my daughter has a Versa Lite and it won't sync at all unless she turns on the app. 

Any suggestions or help for either of one of these?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I see 2 unrelated questions here @mholewinski 

Your asking a question about your daughter's phone but we don't know what model of phone. 

Usually when a sync works with the app open, but not with the app moved to the background, it means the app doesn't have permission to run in the background. 

For android it usually means that power management for the Fitbit app must be turned off. 

About your microphone, does it ever work? Have you checked settings to see if the mic is turned on? 

When speaking, do you see a squiggly line? 

Does the mic work but you then get an error message? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich_Laue,

Thank you for your response. I believe my daughter's phone is my husband's old Samsung Note, but I'll double check. 

It looks like it's doing the squiggly lines then it's like thinking forever with a circle spinning thing. Then eventually I get an error message. Mic is on and it was working up til about a little over a month ago. 

Thank you again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do users think we are able to see over their shoulder and read the error message they see. Error messages sometimes are a cue to what is not happening. 

Ok you get an error message? 

Best Answer

First of all that was a jerk response. Second, that error stays for only a couple of seconds before disappearing. My memory is crap as a result of recent back to back surgeries, but I should not have to discuss my reasoning to you in order to be treated with respect sir. So if you can't respond in a proper and respectful way, then please exit stage left.

I'm usually really good at giving descriptions of something, but this "error message" actually just recently changed. Prior it was something like it didn't understand what I said and to repeat. But typical "computer know it all" attitude response. Right there with "did you unplug it first"...pu-lease! 

So let me break it down as a step by step response for you (would you like a drawing too?)!

I respond to a text. Then there is the wave of little tiny dots (period marks) that goes into rotating circle of little tiny dots. Which then ends in a very brief sentence that says "Transcription Error"  in a reddish-pinkish color followed by with "Oops! Something happened. Please tap to retry" in white letters. Then it's followed by two options that you can choose from to tap. Little rectangular box on left side says "cancel" and the little rectangular box on right side is outlined in that same reddish-pinkish color says "Retry". If you don't choose an option within a couple of seconds it goes away. Poof..gone!

Are these details better for you???? Or do I need to find a way to make it more simplified for you? 

I'd still say thank you for your help, but next time dish it out without being a pompous jerk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it? 

You are describing a communication error with the cloud server. 

The breakdown could be that the tracker can't connect with the Fitbit app on the phone or the phone is having a timeout with the server in the cloud. 

Usually when this happens, I try again and it works. 

It is not easy to help when told the mic doesn't work, but is then told it does work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes