Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mileage tracking off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just participated in a running event yesterday and I had suspicions that my versa tracker was "off" when tracking mileage, and this was confirmed during my event yesterday.  When I came to the 3 mile mark on the course, my versa said I was at 2.54 miles, do you know how frustrating that is?!?! This is the whole reason I bought this device, to track distance and pace. I have the GPS turned on, why is it off by this much, please help or I am returning/requesting a refund, a half mile in 3 miles is a long way to be off!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Aburke17.  

I am glad to assist you with your concern regarding your Fitbit Versa tracking the distance correctly. I totally understand how you are feeling as you purchased the device to track distance and pace. Thank you for sharing the distance tracked by your Versa during the running event. Since you feel that your tracked distance is inaccurate, please confirm the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps and walking stride length. Similarly, your running steps are multiplied by your running stride length. This will not necessarily match a pre-measured distance, nor will it show exactly what a GPS device will show. Since we use height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. For more information, see How do I measure and adjust stride length for my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! I just ran 5.156 miles according to my treadmill, and my Versa is only giving me credit for 4.52 miles. I read from other sources that treadmills are pretty accurate. I tried calculating my stride length manually but my number was way off what it should have been. I am frustrated too because this is the reason I bought the watch in the first place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes