Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit stopped working (in the middle of the night, full battery). The lights on the back are flashing (one) orange. Please advise. Thanks in advance. Kim

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

First restart it several times. If that doest fix it do a factory reset. If that doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

First restart it several times. If that doest fix it do a factory reset. If that doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey @kimedridge, a warm welcome to the Community and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I am glad to see here that our friend's recommendation worked and that your Versa is now working. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issue but unfortunately the solution isn't working for me. My Versa was purchased from HSN back in June. It's never been dropped or anything. It just all of a sudden just went off. And it was like 70 percentage of the battery left. Recharge it again and it still won't come on.

Best Answer

Same here. I really need help

Best Answer

I posted this previously and hadn't gotten any help. So not sure I needed to make my own post or not. So just giving this a try.

The usual restart and reset methods do not work at all for me  My Versa was purchased from HSN back in June. It's never been dropped or anything. It just all of a sudden just went off. And it was like 70 percentage of the battery left. Recharge it again and it still won't come on.

Best Answer

Hi @ChriFit

Since you've tried and the suggestions @NellyG posted didn't help, then why not

get with customer support about this - click for contact options

When you get them, let them know the steps you've already taken.

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 I forgot to thank you earlier for letting me know about the support section so thanks a ton for that. I contacted them and so far all I have been able to do is get it to finally power on by being connected to the charger. But it will not charge after charging for nearly 5 hours now. But am going to continue to stick it out with support and hopefully get this resolved for this has never happened to me since I got it.

Best Answer

Customer support is awesome @ChriFit

I'm sure they will help you and am glad you're hanging in there.

Thanks for the update.

Best Answer

I bought my fiancee a Fitbit Versa in August and she put it on the charger a few nights ago and when she woke up and took if off the charger it wouldn't turn on. The only way it works is if it is left on the charger. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jstadler

Get with customer support about this - click for contact options

Let us know how things go for you.

Best Answer

@Jstadler Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your fiancee's Versa is not turning on when you unplug it from the charger. If you haven't contacted our Support team as my friend @Odyssey13 advised, I'd like you to try a restart as described in this help article. This will refresh the Versa internally.

Finally, charge it for 1 hour and see if it turns on when it's not on the charger.

@Odyssey13 Thank a lot for your help my friend!

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have searched these forums and nothing is turning my Fitbit versa back on. I just received it for Christmas so it should not be down. But I am out of options on how to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @Emilie3 

I've notified one of the awesome Fitbit moderators about your post. They will be by to give you assistance. Thanks for coming by the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Emilie3,  welcome to the Community forums. I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with the Versa not turning back on. And thank you for your help with this @Odyssey13!  

Before considering other options, please let me know what are the steps that you already tried and that you were able to find in the forums, or let me know if you've tried to restart your device following these steps (in case this is related to the display), and you can also follow these instructions if the Versa is not charging at all. 

However, I was also informed that you already have a case created with the Customer Support team or that you already got in touch with them for further assistance with this. I hope everything goes well. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I tried every suggestion on here and my Versa still will not turn on after a factor reset. After some other issues I was having this week & still no email from FitBit, I am NEVER purchasing a FitBit watch again. I will get a Garmin or save up for an Apple Watch. It’s frustrating because the FitBit app is great but they do not care about resolving issue customers are having with the Versa.

Best Answer

Hello @NeenerJB, welcome to the Community forums.  

Thank you for the information and feedback you've provided about the Versa not turning back on. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was indeed informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. They will let you know how to proceed with this. 

I'm sorry to see that you've experienced this same trouble with the Versa. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with this: comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer

You are correct that so already created a case. I have a replacement coming. I am still frustrated that a $225 Watch would break with less than 6 months of use & that FitBit seems to have no interest in improving the firmware or hardware of the watch. This is my first and will be my last FitBit. The Apple Watch costs the same and is more reliable. 

Best Answer

It's good to know that you'll be receiving a replacement soon @NeenerJB .  

And thanks again for sharing your feedback about the product and the firmware. 

Best Answer

I tried this and it didn’t work.. my screen and Fitbit are blank and not responding.. 

its been on the charger all night like usual so it can’t be dead. How can I fix? And how can this happen? 

Best Answer
0 Votes