Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa 2 is tracking steps while not wearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last two days my Fitbit versa 2 is logging steps when not wearing and docked charging. Yesterday I woke to 40k and thus morning 7k. I’m up to date on updates and did a restart yesterday-no luck. Not it’s no where near vibrations either. Any clue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Tesa3302.

Thank you for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa 2 before contacting us.

The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating. You can find this setting if you visit the online Dashboard at fitbit.com > Settings > Devices > Versa 2 > Wrist.

If necessary, you can negate the extra steps by manually logging a driving activity. For instructions, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app?".

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
Thank you but again I wasn’t wearing it was docked. deleting the next day is the only option and it removes all which bites. Still no resolution and very odd to be logging steps when not moving at all.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @Tesa3302.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. I've tried everything I can to clear it. Not getting job done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in a challenge and making it very hard to log what I have done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes