Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa keeps shutting itself off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve noticed on several occasions that my watch goes “black” and doesn’t respond until I press the three buttons. It will work for a while the it will do it again. I’m getting very frustrated with having to restart my watch several times a week. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

If it is less than a year old they will replace it.  This is a replacement one as my original Versa went completely dead after going swimming in a backyard pool which they claim you can swim in your Fitbit.  They replaced it no questions asked.  Then there replacement is only 2 months old and now this is happening.  I did a factory reset removed and did a new set up on my device and I was very hopeful that I had fixed the problem as it stayed on all day, but by the next morning it was dead again.  According to the Clock it had died at 1 am.  I do not know what else to try so I guess it’s back o a simple watch.  

Best Answer

I went in the water last week, but the watch was underwater sporadically and only about 2 feet deep at the most. I read somewhere that if you get the watch wet, you should hang it up to dry. (Really??!!) I started having issues two days after we got home from our trip. I also did a factory reset and the watch upgraded it's software. I too was hopeful but it stopped working again about an hour ago. It will restart if you put it on the charging base, but it will only stay on for a while.

How/who did you contact at Fitbit to get a new watch? I have the original box and paperwork, but not the receipt. It was a Christmas present last year, so it is not that old.

Best Answer

I have the same issue but now I can’t get my Versa to even come back on. I just get a fuzzy gray screen. I had issues with my original Versa but it was still under warranty and it was replaced with this one. The problem is that the warranty doesn’t reset when it gets replaced. It goes back to the date of the original Versa. Now it is out of warranty and all the could offer me was a 25% discount for a new product and a watch band. 🙄 So disappointed as this was a birthday gift from my family. I really did like the Versa but I’m not going to spend money on a product that is constantly defective. Just sucks...that’s all.

Your warranty period reverts back to the sate of the original one not the replacement. Just found that out through the help desk and all they could offer me was a 25% discount on a new one. Ugh!

Autocorrects got me! *date

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I contacted their customer service. They didn’t give me a replacement
watch, but, they did give me a really good deal on a replacement. However,
because I feel Fitbit is unreliable this will be my last one. I wear my
Fitbit on my ankle for a better step count and I have an Amazfit watch
(from Amazon) that I wear on my wrist. The Amazfit has all the same
functions as Fitbit at half the price. I wish I had known this before I got
my Fitbit! The battery life of the Amazfit is at a minimum 30 days. Mine
lasts for 2 1/2-3 months because I use a simple watch face that only shows
day, date, time and battery level. Like Fitbit, they have several watch
faces to choose from.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I just went to Fitbit.com and found the contact button which I believe is all the way at the bottom of the page. You can call or chat. My first one due to water was replaced with no receipt either. Yeah I read to hang it up to dry after wards which I too think is ridiculous. I also read after having mine turn off like yours that you are suppose to wear the watch loosely so it can move up and down your wrist, for me that’s ridiculous as well it’s a watch not a bracelet, so maybe that’s why mine is acting up is because I wear it to tight and maybe it doesn’t get proper ventilation, who knows I just know they had no answers of why it keeps shutting off. I had some hope for mine it stayed on for a much longer time but died over night, I’ve been meaning to see if it will last all day and just remove at night.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Yep that’s what I found out to but my swimming problem happened before my 1 year warranty

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree...I’m in the exact same boat. Birthday gift from hubby and won’t spend good money on another one, can’t afford to replace every year.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My versa keeps shutting off randomly with plenty of charge. Pressing all three buttons no longer works to get it to turn on. I have to put it on the charger and that only works for a few days before it starts shutting off again.  Super frustrating when you don’t get accurate results and use it as an alarm clock. 

Best Answer

Since this latest update my Versa lite keeps shutting itself down and I’m having to activate it from scratch again!! It’s so frustrating as it happens twice a week and I loose everything for that day!

Best Answer

Mine has been doing this as well and is about a month old. Took me about 20 tries to get it to connect to my phone when new using the 4 digit code. Now, the random shut offs. At first I thought maybe my wrist pressed the button or something. But now it’s happening every few days. My charge 2 lasted 23 months before it died and was pretty much flawless in its functionality. Just did the master reset and only took 2 tries to reconnect it to my phone. If it still happens I will call customer service. I debated between this and an Apple Watch and hope I don’t regret my decision. Not very happy at this point. I do have the Versa 2 and just came across this thread doing a google search for the shutdown issue. 

Best Answer
Hi

I ended up calling them and after them telling me to do turn it off and start again 5 or more times I told them I wanted a new one and 3 days later I received me new face so please do email them or call them (I did it all by phone) as I was just getting a red x and all is good now!

Gayle

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa is 7 moths old and has started going into shutdown mode too. Will only come back on if placed in charging dock. Really annoying. Will try a factory reset as some people have suggested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey I ended up having to contact them and they sent me out a brand new one! Only after they told me 1000 times to do the factory setting reset! So try it then phone them!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset mine several times to no avail. I ended up getting a new one for free from Fitbit. So far so good, but it’s only been three months. We’ll see if this lasts longer than my last one. Good luck!

Hi,
Yes, I did that and got a new one too. so defat so good!
Teresa

Jn 1:1-3 “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone help, My Versa Fitbit keep on shutting off every time I turn it on, I constantly have to press all 3 buttons to restart it but about 30 secs later is shuts off again I am ver frustrated.

I am having the same problem, did you get any luck fixing the problem.

Best Answer
Contact FitBit and ask for a new one. That’s what so did. I’ve not had a problem yet.Good luck!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Phone them and get them to send you out a new one! They are very good on the phone that’s what I done x

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Yes finally. It took several emails where Fitbit kept telling me to do this and do that but, after total frustration on my part, they sent out a brand new watch body.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I had to place numerous emails to Fitbit but in the end they sent a brand new watch base.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I contacted them and they sent me a new watch body.

Jn 1:1-3 “Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”
Best Answer
0 Votes