Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Fitbit Versa 2 and the Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Fitbit Versa 2 years ago and within this time frame, I have had to replace it twice. The first time was because the battery would not last the day. Now the second issue is that the heart rate monitor has stopped working. A watch that is priced over 200$ should at least last a couple of years. Fitbit offering me a 35% discount to buy another product is a slap in the face. How would my past experience provide any incentive to purchase another watch when they do not last? After explaining the issues to customer service, I was told that the warranty decision is irreversible and that Fitbit is constantly working with its teams to incorporate customers' wants so both sides can benefit. I do not feel this way whatsoever, instead, I feel at a loss and upset that this specific situation where their product barely lasted through their warranty period. instead, I was left with the scenario of "take it or leave it.". This whole situation is extremely disheartening, and I am no longer comfortable or confident being a Fitbit customer. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Jessgee. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand there is a warranty. The point of the matter is a watch that is retailed for over 200 dollars should last longer than over a year. The first issue I had was less than a year. It is understandable that defects happen however when it happens more than once I begin to question the quality of the merchandise. The discount requires me to spend money on a product that will not last. I asked for consideration for this specific circumstance to understand why I am frustrated however I only get the same generic responses. I decline the discount as it seems to be more of a risk on my part and will take my business elsewhere.  

Best Answer

Jessgee, I too have been let down and lied to my FitBit. Thankfully my replacement has worked but it's unfortunate when the customer service representatives lie and when you confront the business about it, they disregard you. When I'm able to upgrade my watch, it won't be with fitbit. They do not care about their customers in my opinion whatsoever. Also, if you purchase an extended warranty and are told its transferable, after exchanging the product within a day, they're lying to you. They'll also tell you to talk to the SquareTrade team about it, but they'll team you to talk to FitBit. I've wasted too much money on their products. I wish you luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's clear to see that customer service is not a priority, seeing how they cannot even address the specific issue at hand. Thank you for the support! 

Best Answer
0 Votes