Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a notification to say my Versa has a new firmware update but after what happened with the last update where it bricked many people’s devices, I’m hesitant about downloading.

Anyone got any performance updates? Fitbit doesn’t seem to have even offered a change log 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

What version are you on? Mine is on 72.1.9 updated today but wasn't sure it took

Best Answer

@vee My current firmware is 71.6.19 and I got the notification earlier this afternoon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, so mine is probably the new one. I got the notification earlier today and did it, but then got an error message. But the update message is gone. Too early to evaluate. 

Best Answer

The exact same thing just happened to me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to 72.1.9 this morning, did my usual aerobic workout and noticed my pulse, over the course of the workout, barely even registered in the cardio zone and none in peak. I usually have at least 55% in cardio zone. I can only assume this is due to the update but I'll have to see if it shows correctly in the next few workouts. 

Best Answer

@BevBMason -

May I suggest you verify your zone definitions and also check the validity of the actual heart rate being reported.

It is possible that the firmware update has corrected the gross overstatement of bpm that existed during the last year, an overstatement that pretty much forced me to go elsewhere.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa just had a update just now. everything seems ok so far.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, the update tanked my heart rate monitor , at least 25 beats below where it would have been before the update. I think they might be trying to get us to buy a new Versa? It was absolutely fine before the update and if they don’t fix this I will move to another platform

Best Answer

Tanked my monitor too.  Did an entire intese workout and it never registered above 105. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dandeforge and @McLinds01 -

Have you ever validated that either of the two are/were correct?

I don't see anywhere in the above posts where you have verified the issue by taking a manual pulse - the "ol' count your pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by four" routine. Until you do so, you are just comparing firmware versions and not stating findings of fact.

Under the previous firmware I did exactly that many, many times and found the reported heart rate to be much, much too high. I take Beta blockers and it is virtually impossible for my heart to go past 120 bpm and definitely not the 140 - 156 range my Versa 2 often reported, as the drug blocks the effects of the hormone epinephrine, also known as adrenaline.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol I don’t need to take a manual pulse to know that my heart rate wasn’t actually 105. When it’s beating out of my chest that’s pretty obvious.  I’ve been working out long enough to know roughly where it’s at, and if if my guess was even 10-15bpm off, it would still be closer than what this crap was telling me.  My heart rate was easily at peak which for me is 168+.  At the very minimum cardio which for me is 138 - 168.  

I did a test with my husbands Galaxy the other day also and his showed me at 175 and mine showed 105.  We’re not talking subtle differences here.  I’m talking it literally is not working at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too, fitbit needs to describe  the 'bug fixes and new improvements'...

Best Answer
0 Votes

please see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Versa-Smartwatches-Fitbit-OS-4-2-1-Firmware... for other comments about the problems with the heart rate monitor after the update

Best Answer
0 Votes