Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa 2 not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, just received my new tracker, but it is not counting steps. what can i do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome back to the Fitbit Community, @CvZ

Congratulations on your new device! I am glad to assist you with your concern about your watch not counting your steps. Before you begin using your Fitbit device, you need to connect it to your Fitbit account. Connecting your device allows it to transfer (or sync) data back and forth with Fitbit. I would like to confirm if you've set up your new watch already? You can find the steps in this help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If the watch is paired to your account and the issue persists, I recommend doing a restart by following the steps in this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, restart did the job!
Best Answer

Same issue but restart does not help. Factory reset also does not help. Walking very slowly and heavily helps to improve the accuracy of the step count a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CvZ, thank you for your reply. Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JarnBoy.

@CvZ I am glad to hear a restart helped you resolve the issue. Thank you for posting the update here. 

@JarnBoy thank you for joining the thread and sharing that a restart didn't help you resolve the issue with step accuracy. I recommend confirming that your personal details are correct. For more information, see How do I manage my Fitbit profile? Please let me know if you have another device or MobileTrack paired to your Fitbit account? For more information about the accuracy of the Fitbit devices, please see here

Please keep me posted. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My personal details are correct.

Nothing else is connected in any way other than the app.

The app displays exactly the same information that is displayed by the Versa 2 (so it is not a matter of synchronising).

A factory reset didn't help either.

Changing the step length is pointless. The problem is with the physical count of steps taken (not the distance covered).

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JarnBoy, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes