Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone give me information about the new Versa firmware update? I want to know it all, the good and the bad. I am very, very hesitant to update my Versa firmware after the last time the firmware updated and it almost destroyed my device. I still refuse to turn off my device for the fear of it not turning back on again. I have the original Versa smartwatch. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mlharris 

I agree don't do the update.  The same issues that were present with the December and April updates are present with this version of the firmware update.  Users are experiencing the same exact issues that were reported with the December and April updates.  Excessive battery drain, bricked devices and loosing the functionality of the device.  I haven't updated mine and won't update since the updates aren't thoroughly tested before being rolled out.  I will stay on an older firmware version that actually works until my Versa dies on it's own especially being out of warranty. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @mlharris! I've heard from some people that they did it successfully and didn't see any change in performance. I'm with you, though. If it ain't broke... don't fix it! I haven't heard a straight answer from anyone on what actually changed with this update. I'll probably be waiting a while to do the update myself, since there don't seem to be any issues with the current one and no new features have been added.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont do the update, mine went black after and never came back after...leave it as is for now i would think...

Best Answer

@mlharris 

I agree don't do the update.  The same issues that were present with the December and April updates are present with this version of the firmware update.  Users are experiencing the same exact issues that were reported with the December and April updates.  Excessive battery drain, bricked devices and loosing the functionality of the device.  I haven't updated mine and won't update since the updates aren't thoroughly tested before being rolled out.  I will stay on an older firmware version that actually works until my Versa dies on it's own especially being out of warranty. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner that's what I thought, but I figured I would ask. I made the mistake of updating the firmware the last time. I'm not going to make that same mistake again. Thanks! 

Best Answer

@mlharris 

You're welcome.  

I remember the issues you had reported with the December firmware update.   Unfortunately,  it seems like Dejavu from the December update with both the April and this version.  

Best Answer