Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa user - custom exercise for toning exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I have a fitbit Versa and I am looking to find out how to add toning exercises as an activity (squats, lunges, resistance band work etc).

I have seen other posts where it's been suggested that you can 'create a custom activity' when logging a previous session, however I can't see an option for this in the app. To be clear, I am going into the manual log a previous activity bit of the app on my android phone, and all there appears to be is the option to type search the pre-existing list of activities, rather than create something I can label legs bums and tums for example.

Can someone help with this please?

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Yes, you are right. You can only create a custom activity in the website dashboard, not the app. Here is how to do it

ADDING A CUSTOM ACTIVITY
First you have to know how many calories you burn in your activity. You can google calorie calculators

Then go to the Fitbit website Dashboard (not the app) and tap the top of the Recent Exercise tile. A little thing will drop down on the bottom of the tile. Tap See More which is on the right side. A new page comes up. Move right to the bottom of this new page to the box titled Activities which is on the right side at the bottom. On the bottom of this box, in blue and small print it says Create Custom Activity. Tap that and a box comes up. Put in the title of the Activity and then fill in the start time and duration of you latest session, fill in the calories burnt and hit log. You have now created your custom activity. Bit of a trial, but you only have to do it that way once.

Manual Logging
Next time you want to manually log it, on your phone go to the fitbit app and tap the exercise tile (the running man). On the screen that comes up tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the next page start to type in the activity. A drop down list should come up. Select the Activity off the list, fill in the details and hit Log it and you are done!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer