Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with the Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Versa for 4-5 weeks now and am becoming increasingly unimpressed by it.

• It has difficulty connect to WiFi
  • The Bluetooth connection to my phone is also flaky.
  • I can't seem to change clock faces very easily sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • Loading music to it  seems to take ages and I have to restart both laptop and watch a number of times before it connects and synchronises.
  • In order to try to get things working I have factory reset the Fitbit, my phone and reloaded Windows to my laptop but there doesn't seem to be any improvement.
  • The silent alarm doesn't always go off in the morning when it should

I have friends with watches from other manufacturers who have none of these problems.

Unless Fitbit can fix theses issues soon i will be taking it back.

Is anyone else on here feeling the same or am i just unlucky and got a dodgy one?

When I look in the Forums seems like a lot of people are having the same issues. 

I have spent £200 pounds on a watch that isn't up to it's job. I am seriously think of returning it and asking for my money back.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have had my Fitbit Versa since it launched in April. I have never uploaded any type of music on mine so I cannot comment on that. However, it does seem you have a lemon and should look into getting a replacement from Fitbit or getting an exchange where you purchased it from. 

Mine connects to Wifi just fine, and the bluetooth never had an issue while I was using it. However, I will tell you about the issues trying to set it up to a new account down below. Only reset it after I removed it from one Fitbit account to use on another.I also have never had an issue with the silent alarm. Which I used daily to help wake me up. Never had it not working where I felt the need to have to reset it like you mention above. 

The issue I did have I deleted my fitbit account and did not remove this versa before doing so. So, of course when I tried to pair it on my new account it kept feeding me a bluetooth error 500. I looked it up and people said that resetting it should help. So I did so and it did not help. So I recovered the other account removed the device from that account and added to the new account and the issues became a thing of the past. 

I do not like the pins on the bands, and I also do not like the weather app that needs to be synced with my fitbit on my phone. Otherwise I find the watch to be well worth the money I paid for it.  

I have used almost all the fitbits that have been released and been using it since 2014 when I got one to try for free. 

Fitbit Flex

Charge HR

Fitbit Blaze

Charge HR 2

Fitbit Versa - I will be honest I have liked this one the most than the others I have used. 

I have used polar and Apple Watch and they just do not do any justice to the fitbit technology. I have heard good things about Garmin so if you feel this is not the right activity watch for you maybe look into that brand. At the end of the day you want to use something that does not irritate you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reloaded Windows? Really? That seems pretty extreme.

Best Answer

I had tried everything else and thought it may have been a problem with my laptop. I was getting desperate. I've now upgraded to an Ionic which seems a lot better but the music upload is still temperamental. Think Fitbit need to do a bit more work on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes