Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing and time slowing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I was given a Versa Lite for my birthday in June and until today it has been fine. I noticed this morning that the time is slowing on it (was 25 minutes out earlier) and it will not sync with my phone. We have restarted both devices and re paired them and for a couple of hours it seemed to work. Now it is slowing again and it still  does not recognise the phone. Both devices the software is up to date on and are compatible according to the website. I have managed to manually sync it once by getting the app to sync it.. Not sure if this is a device or bluetooth issue but does anyone have any ideas? The Versa Lite is still working independently of the phone updating heart rate and step count etc

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

same issue! I noticed it started when the app updated a couple of days ago. The only time I can sync the time is when I put my Versa in the charging cradle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app updated over a week ago and it was still fine till now............it does not make sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's quite possible that my app updated a week ago too, I just haven't noticed it, LOL.I'll try to call Fitbit when i get a chance. I've done EVERYTHING (pair, unpair, restart everything)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, all, if your Versa is not syncing then that will sometimes mean that the time is off, so once you manage a sync, the time will correct itself.  So not syncing is the real problem.

I think the Android app has recently been updated and some folks have reported sync issues.  In this case I would suggest (and after each step please try to force a sync):

1.  First thing to try (and easiest): simply restart your Fitbit.  Instructions here.  (You won’t lose any data). Since it is easy, it is worth repeating a couple of times (and a restart, even if it doesn’t force a sync, also shuts down any background activities etc.  You won’t lose any data, and it is good hygiene - kind of like brushng your teeth)

If that doesn’t work:

2.  Log out of your Fitbit app (make sure you know your email address and password), then log back in again using your usual email and password (choose log in, not join Fitbit!) and immediately try sync now.

If that doesn’t work

3. Delete the app and then re-download it (you won’t lose data doing this, it’s just the app, as long as you know your email and password).  Normally I do not recommend deleting and re-downloading the app, but because of the recent updates it is worth doing to make sure you have the very latest version.

If that still does not work,

4.  Go to your phone settings, turn Bluetooth off, wait a minute or two (just to make sure all connections are lost), and then turn Bluetooth back on again.  Then go back to the Fitbit app and choose sync now

If that does not work:

5.  On your phone go to your phone settings (NOT Fitbit app) and delete / forget / remove your Versa (perfectly safe to do this in your phone settings, but please do NOT do it in your Fitbit app).  Then go back to your Fitbit app and sync now.  If it asks you to connect to Bluetooth, say yes.

If that still doesn’t work

6. In your Fitbit app, choose account (that’s your person icon or photo).  On the account page find “Set up a device” It will ask you which device you are setting up and choose YOUR DEVICE (Versa, Versa Lite, whatever Fitbit you are using).  You will get a message saying “You already have (this Fitbit) connected to your account; do you want to replace it? “. Say “yes”. (You will not lose any data or exercise history)

It will then go through the set up process and hopefully sync your Fitbit.

Do not ever be tempted to remove your Fitbit from your account first!  That can cause more problems.  Setting it up as a replacement device works just the same as deleting and then re-adding it, without possibly permanently disconnecting your device.

7.  You’ve got to 7 and nothing works any you are tearing your hair and cursing Fitbit.  (I’ve been there!). Have a glass of wine or a cup of tea.  Lots of people swear by whatever makes their Fitbit sync,  The fact is, there is so much Bluetooth “flying” around these days, and so many devices, it’s hard to know why sometimes these trackers just stubbornly won’t sync.  In the morning, without any effort at all, it may have spontaneously synced.

All Fitbits store detailed data for 5-7 days, and outline data (steps) for 30 days.  So, although I know it can be frustrating, as long as you can sync at least once a week, nothing except your good humour will be lost!

I know this is long, but I do hope it helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Julia!

Unfortunately, the app can't find my Versa and can't sync at all. I've done every step you listed multiple times with no success. 

I don't really mind that it doesn't sync, but the time just gets behind. It is frustrating and I'm rooted in your step 7. 

Any other suggestions?

Thank you! I really appreciate your time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Julia - thank you for your advice..............we tried all that and we have discovered that the phone - well in fact none of the phones here recognise the device - so I think it is the bluetooth connection in the Versa Lite its self.

We tried connecting it to my husband's phone as well and that did not work - yet both phones will connect to other devices.

I will contact Fitbit direct for further advice.

Thank you again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katikrry  too many phones in range could be part of the problem.  For each fitbit you are trying to connect, please move all over devices out of range or make sure Bluetooth is off before trying to connect to a single device.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right we are getting somewhere.  With a bit of help from customer support I have got it to relink to a point.....the only problem now that I have is that we have reset the watch back to factory settings and it keeps telling me to down load the app which is already downloaded and recognises that the Versa Lite is there. I guess I need to uninstall and reinstall the app but before I do this again is there anything else I can do.

@Julia_G  also none of the other devices were trying to pair with anything and I am the only one with a Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes