Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not stable on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app keeps showing Notification service not running on my OnePlus6 phone.I have to cleare cache and storage and re-login back to the app to make it work.

Seems like the app is not stable.Dont expect this from such a high end and high priced device.Hoping to get an explanation on this.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Clinton207 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

Regarding the notifications issue that your Fitbit Versa is experiencing, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, monitor the notifications feature again and see if the issue gets fixed.

By the way, I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you tried before contacting our forums.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i am also using one plus 6 and not receiving any of the message notification except calls. Can you please provide a solution ASAP

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1plus thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Since your Versa is experiencing the same issue, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting seps that are listed in the help article that  shared in my previous post.

After trying those steps, monitor your watch and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already tried all the troubleshooting steps but still it doesn't work ☹️
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1plus I'm sorry for the late response. However, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via phone.

Our team is actively working on a fix to this issue and expect to have it resolved soon. Once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm looking for a solution on this too...do keep me posted on the same ..

With the latest version of the app also the notification service gives an error and does not send notification after a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try

1) Disable the battery optimization for the Fitbit app

2) Lock Fitbit app in multitasking switcher

3) Restart your OnePlus device

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

With the latest firmware upgrade to Versa (32.68.9.15) ..Some issues i'm facing

1.Messaging notifications are not working at all.

2.Calling notification stops working after losing some internet connectivity at times.

Question is is this expected?I mean i get that the app mght not sync due to network issues but i have to Re-install the app to make it work again as Clearing Data or Cache does not help ..

Been hoping for a resolution since July 2019. 😞

Note: The APP seems a bit heavy with the latest update but that is not a major concern.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the Suggestion..however the issue still exists..Does it work smooth with the OnePlus 7?

Tell me it does so i have some hope 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, notifications are working flawlessly on my OnePlus 7 Pro for months (on Android 9 and currently on Android 10). 

Fitbit Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
But still notification features are not working on my one plus 6 ☹️
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clinton207 no it does not work any better with the One Plus 7.  It has the same issues you are having with the 6.  Sorry for the bad news.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I wrote, I don't have any problem on OnePlus 7 Pro. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@werionae Seems like the suggestion worked. I've been monitoring and looks like I'm getting notifications past couple of days.Thanks again 😎

What remains now is the Sync of the app.That works the first time but after sometime happens only if i re-install the app.@JuanJoFitbit Any pointers? 

#Re-posting your suggestion 🙂

Try

Best Answer
0 Votes
I request to Fitbit team for providing the earliest solution for
notifications issue, still on my one plus 6 notification function is
not working
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this solution ..it should work as it's works for me (OnePlus6 User )

Also keep in mind ..Update the latest app & keep the 24hr time format on the phone..

Best Answer
0 Votes