Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing up on Versa2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about a week, my notifications have stopped showing up on my watch, specially my texts. I still get my phone calls and reminders, but I’m missing all of my texts. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting tips listed in the app and everything is up to date and turned on correctly. Please help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Amy_Boudreaux It's the latest iOS update. There were changes in Bluetooth settings introduced by Apple. Those will have to be addressed by Versa firmware update. For now, please one of these workarounds:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again.
  8. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  9. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  10. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  11. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  12. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  13. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Amy_Boudreaux Have you tried rebooting your phone and Versa? Could you please share your phone model and OS as well as Fitbit mobile app version?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Fitbit version 70.7.21 and my phone is an 7s iPhone. I tried restarting my phone and my Versa 2 and it did not work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amy_Boudreaux It's the latest iOS update. There were changes in Bluetooth settings introduced by Apple. Those will have to be addressed by Versa firmware update. For now, please one of these workarounds:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again.
  8. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  9. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  10. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  11. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  12. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  13. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
It worked!!! I can’t thank you enough!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa 2 and a Samsung Galaxy s9. Was able to get text messages when I first got the Versa 2. For the last few months, have not gotten messages. Have tried all the troubleshooting tips. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@betseeb Is the preview of the messages enabled in your Samsung text app? I would also try installing Google Messages and setting it as your messaging app to see if you can get the notifications. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes