Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone battery draining faster than normal with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge 3 for 2 months and had absolutely no issues with abnormal battery drain. I received a Versa for Christmas so I removed the Charge 3 from the app and connected the Versa and from that point on my phone battery is draining at about 10% an hour with minimal use (it used to last 14-16 hours with moderate use). I have chatted with one Fitbit rep and spoke with another and they informed me that it is a known issue and is being worked on (no ETA). The best options they could provide were to either turn off bluetooth when I am not syncing the Versa (not good because I will not receive notifications) or force quit the app after a sync (a bit of a pain and doesn't seem to help with the battery drain).

Is anybody else experiencing excessive battery drain? Have you found a solution? I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.0.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Do you have All Day Sync enabled? I would think that could affect phone battery life (as well as Versa battery).

P.S. All Day Sync does not have to be enabled in order to receive notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have All Day Sync disabled (it was enabled with the Charge 3 with no issues). So far, the only way I have found to restore my battery life to the "pre-Versa" state is to log out of the app after I sync. The battery on the Versa has only decreased by 1% in 4 hours since doing that also.

Per another thread that I found (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-draining-phone-battery/m-p/2823745#M33595) - I uninstalled the current version (2.73) then downloaded 2.72 and installed it.

Will test for a couple of days and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I found a helpful tips in another thread that suggested to delete the "Versa" Bluetooth connection because the phone stays connected to the watch when in range (using battery) but it doesn't need this connection because the app creates it's own. I deleted it and my battery is acting much better now. I also disabled "run in the background" for the app. Next step is to reinstall v2.84 of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes