Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product packaging and updated IOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After waiting weeks to receive my Versa2 to replace my aging Blaze, I was frustrated with an experience with the packaging. I was holding the box with the back of the box upright since the tape to cut to slid the box open is on the back at the bottom of the box. I figured that was a rather crazy method to package a product, but Fitbit must have thought it out and had their reason(s). Once I had the tape cut, I began to slid the inner box out. Once out far enough, instead of seeing the watch, it fell out to the ground. It was put into the side opposite of the side the box opened. Well it fell, it hit the tile in our kitchen, but the screen didn’t crack. The watch wasn’t secured around the plastic oval post snug, but loose so it fell out. Later, when setting up the watch, I noticed an area on the black bezel that was bare of black paint. At first, it looked like some white glue sticking out between the watch screen and the bezel, but then it appeared to be the bezel itself - very distracting to see when looking at the watch face. So, either it came off the line that way or happened when it fell out, hitting the tile. I emailed Fitbit support telling them of my experience with the packaging, but like that’ll change anything so someone else doesn’t have the same experience. I don’t know if anyone out there has had a similar experience? I’ll have to return the item to the retailer and decide it I want to get another one. I say that because as part of being able to finish the setup, I was forced to download the most recent Fitbit app for IOS. The new dashboard, if it can be called that is sadly extremely disappointing. What would it take to hire some high school kids to write some extra code to be able to customize the dashboard, giving the user the ability to choose the new horrendous shopping list appearance or the older tile box appearance with more info showing initially? This literally looks so terrible in comparison, that I am questioning whether I want to order another Versa2 to replace the one I just received. Apparently there are some folks out there that have never heard the old saying of if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. It’s bad enough to ask people to buy a disposable tracker since the batteries can’t be replaced, but now this. The only reason I stayed with Fitbit was that with the Apple Watch, I wouldn’t be able to see the real time heart rate on an app without paying a subscription for the only one app I’ve come across that would permit this. This is not native to the Apple Watch.  Now, with the experience with the terrible packaging and the awful app appearance coupled with the continued irreplaceable batteries, it may be just enough to push me to look elsewhere. I’ve a lot to consider. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Aftetpmel i had almost the exact same experience!!! Ordered from Amazon to my work place and when it came, I opened it same as you to find no watch inside. It's amazing how well the charger and additional strap are protected from falling out but not the watch!

Anyways I emailed Amazon demanding they send another watch and went for lunch too frutrated to stay. When came back one of my work mates asked me if I ordered a new smart watch as they found it under my desk??? LMAO, but seriously, I was lucky enough there was a soft carpet on the floor so watch didn't get damaged and I have really honest people at my work place...But I can totally feel your pain!!! If you need me to vouch for the bad packaging to help your case, let me know.

The GUI isn't too bad but agree could be better and customise options are a must at some point!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dreamtfan wrote:

Hi @Aftetpmel i had almost the exact same experience!!! Ordered from Amazon to my work place and when it came, I opened it same as you to find no watch inside. It's amazing how well the charger and additional strap are protected from falling out but not the watch!

Anyways I emailed Amazon demanding they send another watch and went for lunch too frutrated to stay. When came back one of my work mates asked me if I ordered a new smart watch as they found it under my desk??? LMAO, but seriously, I was lucky enough there was a soft carpet on the floor so watch didn't get damaged and I have really honest people at my work place...But I can totally feel your pain!!! If you need me to vouch for the bad packaging to help your case, let me know.usps tracking

The GUI isn't too bad but agree could be better and customise options are a must at some point!

I had similar thing happend in past with this man mentioned .

Best Answer
0 Votes