Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions from a new Versa owner

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I just purchased a Versa. Like it a lot so far, perfect balance of tracker and smartwatch.

I have a few beginner questions:

- Sleep tracking: did you people get used to wearing your watch at night? I had a bad night of sleep cause I have never slept with watches or bracelets on. 

- Casual biking: do I need to start an Exercise each time I use my bike for a few minutes? Or will it track calories anyway? Also: why will my watch keep show "connecting" (green icon of mobile phone) and still 0 miles/hour at the end of the ride? Shall I use GPS for speed tracking?

Weights workout:
as it's important to me to track calories, would you advise me to start "Exercise" each time I am lifting weights? I am training for muscular tone, so total calorie count will be low.

Strava:
I have used the app before. When or why would I use Strava over the Fitbit app? I am not a runner, I do ride my bike for staying fit and workout (cardio+weight) at the local gym.

Thank you a lot
Lenny

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I'll try to answer where i can.

I got used to sleeping with a tracke on very easily. Like you I never used to wear anything on my wrists to bed and it initially felt a bit odd. I find the Versa very comfortable at night and dont notice it at all.

I dont bother with starting a bike activity every time I go out on my bike (mostly because it is a bit of a pain to get to the buttons when I have cycling gloves on) the automatic detection feature on the watch picks up what I am doing and tracks it accurately so I dont feel the need. If you want to know distance biked then you need to use GPS, but I dont need to know that so dont use it. Because the Versa uses your heart rate data to track your calories it should be pretty accurate whether you use the exercise app, GPS or let the watch detect on its own, and even if the bike activity is not detected the calories burnt will still be accurate.

With weights, I would probably start the activity app, but it will teack calories anyway via the HR.

I never used Strave so cant answer that!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer