Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Versa setup issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 08/31/2018: Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

I purchase mine on Aug 28/18 and I’ve tried to update mine probably 100 times, with different types of WiFi and Bluetooth and laptop and phone. So frustrating.... I only have 30 days until my exchange/ return and worst part is I don’t live near a bestbuy (6hr) away. Hope this fix happens quick. 😳

Best Answer

I have had a versa for 4 months. Last week it just died, the screen went black and it wouldn’t turn back on. FitBit did the right thing and replaced it but now I can’t set up the new one because of this ongoing issue. I can’t return the watch because I purchased it 4 months ago. So now I am going on over a week with a $200 watch that doesn’t function and no one at fitbit can provide me with a solution. I am so disappointed with FitBit.  I have used FitBit for years and never had an issue.  maybe I should have purchased and Apple Watch instead.  

Best Answer

Is this what is causing my brand new Ionic that is fully charged to keep stopping its syncing process at 10% and telling me the battery is dead and needs to be plugged into a charger?\

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues syncing my blaze and get fbbluetootherrordomain error 3.

is this the same issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Odyssey13 my message above was about issues with "Connected GPS" functionality on fitbit Versa.

This thread is about firmware updates troubles.

Are you saying those are related or was my post merged here by mistake?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue with my new fitbit- gutted. Support told me it was my Wi-Fi which admittedly isn't great but my husband could play videos on his phone using it! Come on fitbit please give us a fix for this 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please resolve sync issue with my honor pro 8. its really frustrating that versa is not getting syc with my mobile since i started using it from 15th August,2018. I tried to download the application in my laptop running with windows 8.1 pro.It is giving different error messages every time I try to install. Lastly it is showing that the application can not be installed as my laptop is not having required system specification. Please suggest an early resolution

Best Answer
0 Votes

Est ce que les problème de connexion entre la montre et le GPS du téléphone sont aussi travailler par votre équipe?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok.... I kept trying the reset someone had mentioned... I did it 5 times... all three buttons until the logo appears and then disappears... I let go of the bottom right... after a long wait of black screen I finally reset my fit bit..... Now it works!!!! Thanks for this got my answer from seeing what others have tried!! 😍

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you post your reply in English please?

Regards,
Debasis Datta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@debasis67,

I believe @Mclandry did not answer your question. They just asked here if the same team is working on setup issue as well as a GPS connectivity issue (the issue I'm here after, which was for whatever reason merged into this thread).

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous....

Have had my versa for over 2 months and still wont set up.

Taking back tomorrow and trading in for a brand that knows what its doing.

I could understand if this was a 50$ knockoff brand BUT...

ITS NOT.

NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FITBIT. just saying!

Best Answer

@Lgmoseley wrote:

This is ridiculous....

Have had my versa for over 2 months and still wont set up.

Hey @Lgmoseley.

I have had mine for only one day at this point )))))) It took me around 3 hours to set it up.
Just had to leave the phone on the wire next to the **ahem** thing, and leave the **ahem** thing in a charging craddle.
This is what I did to get it up and running:

• Removed all my previous trackers from my profile in fitbit via the app (I have Android if that matters). So that FitBit would think I have no tracker at all.
  • Went through the "Set up a device" process in my profile. Set up my Versa.
  • When Versa asked for WiFi, gave it my 2.4GHz (it won't see 5GHz) network and then I just clicked "next" till I could  and let it sit around. For three freakking hours.

While it was doing whatever it had to do it eventually went into showing the FitBit logo on the screen and a blue vertical stripe at the left side of the screen. I though it was a bug, but turns out it's a progress bar 🙂 And if you wait like I did for like.... 3 hours or something.... it will eventually download and apply it's horribly-slow-to-download-firmware. At which point you'll see it's added as a tracker to your profile and will be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Got a grand new Versa out of the box on Monday. Firm ware update failure. After I spent multiple hours trouble shooting I finally called Fitbit help. Nice and patient guy spent at least 2 hours on the phone with me doing this, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. still firmware update failure. He offered to send me a new versa.  Got it in mail today. Same issue. I’ve worked on it for 4 hrs this evening. Firmware update failure.  This is rediculous.  I’m about to get a refund and buy and Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Just received my new versa today and I've tried everything. It will not update at all. I would love to use it since I spent 200 dollars on it or atleast be able to use it by Monday. Spent a lot of money on something that doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can a device like this be sold non-functional?!  It looks like this discussion has been going on for days. I just wasted an hour of my life trying to download an update then found this thread... 🤦‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Please can you give us an update about this. I'm still trying to set up my versa. Somehow when I do the firmware update it says, you're all set, but when it comes to software update  it doesn't want to update. Please give us an update regarding this issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just kept hitting retry and it finally worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Best Answer

Mine is still not working.  I finally got it back on account after I removed like the Fitbit customer service agent told me to but my blue tooth still not recognize it. Keeps saying update firmware.  I have tryed keeps failing.  My versa not even working now has a big red x and says data not cleared and sync again.  I haven't been able to sync since last Sunday.  My versa is only 3 months old. Help please. 

Best Answer