Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Versa setup issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 08/31/2018: Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

Can I ask what you opted for?  I've had enough of fitbit and two versas.  I've gone through about 4 handsets and one aspect or another does not work 100%.  Enough is enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was trying most of yesterday to get my versa to do firmware update- did the 3 button factory reset advised by another member- came up with data not cleared. Tried to restart firmware update when I was giving up at 3am and it decided to try to download update. Woken up this morning and finally success ' my new fitbit is working. Support told me not to try on the app on my phone but via laptop - this did not work and my phone app did. Hope you all resolve the issue very soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  Works perfectly now!

Best Answer

Thank You! My new Versa is now a functioning watch/tracker!! I am thrilled. Thanks again for the tips suggestions and the reassurance that 'it wasn't just ME!'

Best Answer

Thank you Fitbit! It looks like Fitbit has fixed the problem. I got my Fitbit setup on my first try since I was having failure messages the day before. Note: when I tried resetting my Versa by pressing 3 buttons, then releasing the lower right button I still didn't get any vibration.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 08/31/2018: Hi everyone! Robot Happy

Thanks for taking the time to confirm that you were able to get your Versa set up. I appreciate your patience as our team worked to resolve this issue. The firmware update process should now be working as normal, so I will be closing this thread down to further comments to help keep the community tidy. 

If you have not set up your Versa yet, I recommend following the steps detailed in this article

If you are experiencing any issues with your Versa, I invite you to make a new post on the board or comment in a relevant thread and I will be happy to assist you there. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer