Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@K-Med I've spoken to them a million times. My Versa keeps restarting itself in the middle of the night (and only in the middle of the night) and waking me up when it vibrates as it starts up. I actually have two right now and they're replacing a third (long story). I don't think a replacement is going to fix the problem, because I've had the same problem with 3 of them. But if that's what they want to do, I'll accept, because at least it makes me feel like they'll have to work on the problem eventually. Like I said, they hate me.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@meresydotes That would be aggravating. Sounds like a firmware issue of some sort? I know that products these days are being rushed to market and have so many issues with them. We're literally beta testers for these things when they arrive on the store shelves in their fancy packaging.

Best Answer

@K-Med Oh, it's definitely a firmware issue. But "support" doesn't know how the products work and would prefer to tell you that you're the only one with a particular problem, rather than actually admit there's a problem that they should maybe continue fixing. I'm the idiot who keeps buying fitbits, though, so who's the loser here?

Best Answer

LoL..I won't judge you for your compulsive buying of FitBits. I enjoy their platform more than Samsung's or Apple's, so I'm a sucker as well.

Best Answer

I have owned ALL the Fitbits and Loved them.  This will most likely be my last.  The problem with the scratched screens, that are supposed to be gorilla glass, is not being taken care of by Fitbit.  This is, IMO, a manufacturing defect.  This is a sports watch and this should NOT be happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kathyl54 I really don't mind using a screen protector. I definitely prefer when the screen is flat, so you can use a glass screen protector. What I don't understand, though, is how my screen protectors NEVER scratch and yet the Fitbit screen, which is supposed to be so tough and durable, scratches so easily...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really feel that it is a manufacturing defect that they should take care of.  Fitbit was always know for their great customer support.  I don't know what happened but it is not there this time.

Best Answer

@kathyl54 See, I've had most of the Fitbit models, going back to the very first one that was just called Fitbit. And, while support has previously been really generous with replacements (I recall many stories of people who destroyed their trackers in the toilet or the laundry and received free replacements), I wouldn't consider their support good at all. They never knew how the products work and they were always fond of gaslighting.

Ex.: When my One would reset itself in activity mode (either during sleep or a workout) and lose the record, they would act like I was the only one with the problem and send me another, which did the exact same thing. This was clearly a bug and engineering should have looked at it, but they never did. So, I have a drawer full of old Fitbits, multiples of several models.

I've noticed that some people (including me) on these forums continue to have the same problems, even when they factory reset or get a replacement. That tells me that there's a problem with something specific in the firmware and the way these users configure or interact with it. If support and engineering were interested, these problems should be easy fixes. Instead, they just gaslight.

I usually get really good customer service, because I'm NICE to people and I treat them like PEOPLE. I've honestly said some things I'm not very proud of to Fitbit support because they're so infuriating.

Another example - when I found my Blaze was dropping lots of treadmill steps, support would start by telling me that it was because I was holding the handrails (I wasn't), then go through their list of other things that were provably not the problem, then CIRCLE BACK to holding the handrails.

Sorry for the rant! I guess the real lesson here is don't be dumb like me.

Best Answer