Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording steps during housework and syncing issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that my Fitbit versa records movements during housework eg sweeping, cutting and cooking as steps. Is this right? I also regularly face problems with syncing. Please advise.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Fittlynn. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about your watch tracking steps during housework. Your device is a motion sensor on your wrist and it may count some steps when you're working at a desk or performing other activities with arm movements, however it shouldn't be significant when compared to your overall stats. I recommend changing the wrist setting in the Fitbit app to "Dominant", it decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Please see this help article: Does the wrist I wear my device on affect accuracy? 

For more information about the accuracy of the Fitbit devices, please see this help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I recommend following the troubleshooting instructions to resolve syncing issue in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes