Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to messages?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will there be any updates to allow users to reply to messages direct from the Versa, i.e. being able to type or write a reply on the screen rather than only being able to select a pre-written quick reply?

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

The sucky part about all of this is when I initially bought the Fitbit Versa back in March, I was told by customer service they were coming out with an upgrade that was going to allow you to receive and send text messages like the Apple watch. For months I was unable to receive messages after their upgrade. I can NOW receive text messages but can only reply with a quick text..... I cannot actually type what I want to say back. Complete waste of money I would have just kept my old Fitbit the only reason I upgraded was for this feature.  False advertising at its best!!!

Best Answer
How do u quick reply on the iPhone. I can’t.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure? I have an android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me neither

Sent from Alison's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will this take place?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can do it, but I have a Samsung. If you have an iPhone, that is more of
an Apple question. My understanding is that they don't allow ANY third
party devices interact in this way with their messaging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying to messages isn't available if you have an iPhone, Fitbit is saying it might be a possibility in the future, I doubt it though. Im thinking about switching to android anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want the make sure I understand.  Can I type my own text messages and send them on the Versa? Or I only use the preset ones? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and today it gave me quick reply options on a few texts but then stopped. Do I need to change a setting? Or was this a fluke?? I would like it all the time!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I have a galaxy note and I've had my watch for over a week. I haven't been able to reply to a text message yet, I never received that option and my watch barely receives my text messages.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. I had issues with my messages too until I checked a setting I didn’t know what’s there. On the left side button press and hold until a menu comes up. Then check to see if notifications is activated or turned on there. Hope that helps. I think I was getting a reply option with my phone calls only. Not texting. Haven’t seen it since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It will not take place for the Versa.  Maybe the Versa 2 but updates for the Versa are now to fix the many defects.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea. I check mine today as well. Any other iPhone users on the
post have the ability to quick reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why Android only? What about IOS users?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Csibeboszi the question is not why Android only since replying of available to windows phones..

The question should be, Why did Apple block third parties from responding this preventing Fitbit from offering this feature to Apple users! 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The quick replies will take the form of a list of replies, editable in the Fitbit app, that can be selected. There will not be a free text entry option.

Also, initially, it will be Android only.

?
So why Doesn’t  ios support Apple

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dukesta wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The quick replies will take the form of a list of replies, editable in the Fitbit app, that can be selected. There will not be a free text entry option.

Also, initially, it will be Android only.

?
So why Doesn’t  ios support Apple

For the same reason Garmin doesn't support this on iOS, Apple blocks third parties from responding remotely. I think it is Apples way of trying to make it's users to buy their watches.

Best Answer

Hello,

I have recently obtained a Versa and am using it with my Samsung Galaxy S8 which uses Android OS.  I can send the default quick replies when receiving calls or texts but am unable to edit these.  All directions lead me to the Fitbit dashboard then instructed to click on "Notifications" then I'm advised to click on  "Quick Replies".  This last option is not available on my phone or the pc so I'm unable to do any editing.  All I see when choosing notifications is a list of "Push Notification" options and "Email Notifications".

Does anyone know what is needed to do this?  Very frustrating not to be able to edit when supposedly it's possible.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your not going to find it on the web or even the fitbit app dashboard @PeninsulaWoman. Let's open the Fitbit app, Tap the versa in the top right corner. this will take you to your versa settings. Scroll uandIatap notifications. Now tap Quick reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your not going to find it on the web or even the fitbit app dashboard @PeninsulaWoman. Let's open the Fitbit app, Tap the versa in the top right corner. this will take you to your versa settings. Scroll uandIatap notifications. Now tap Quick replies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes