Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting locked Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning, my versa locked into the watch and it’s asking me reset via phone, the problem is I deleted the device via the app so I could add my new device. 
I have tried multiple times to reset it but it’s not working because it’s screen is locked... 

many other advice?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Morningperson01, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Morningperson01. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa being locked. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have attempted this already but because the device is locked and need to be unlocked via the app I cannot do as I removed the device from the app. Now I have no way of syncing back together because it’s locked 

Best Answer

Hi @Morningperson01, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought Fitbit versa  throughAmazon. Unfortunately it’s locked. In order to solve it, I uninstalled the app. Now I can’t connect the watch to phone. Phone sending the pin but I can’t see in watch because it’s locked. Kindly advice. Tried to contact customer care n. Fitbit support but not able to find solution. Kindly advice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Suchithrashenoy.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Fitbit Versa which you bought from Amazon is locked. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and contacting our Support team. I would like to confirm if you tried already to do a factory reset and then set up your device again?  

You can find the steps to do a factory reset here

Please keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Although I have tried many times I did not get the Fitbit/setup screen. I
couldn’t able to reset it.

Please help further. Any center where I can send watch n get it repaired???
I have hardly used it for 10 days

Suchithra
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Suchithrashenoy, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and understand your concern. Since you've been working with our Support team already, I've sent this information to them and you should be getting a reply soon. I am sure they will try to help you in the best possible manner. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant seems to do this despite the tutorial. Is there a physical store that I can walk in to assist me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I bought my versa in Feb 2019.  Last week it stopped tracking my heart rate and sleep. I have spent hours resetting the watch, unpairing it from my iPhone, turning Bluetooth on and off, and reinstalling the App on my iPhone.  It is stuck in the setup stage and has found the device but after hours still has not moved past the 'connecting to tracker' stage. 

Can you please help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes