Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP02 question

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the fitbit Versa 2: is there a way to get SP02 readings during the day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Not at this time, @Ctijerina - The SpO2 is only designed to measure your oxygen saturation levels during sleep then give you the average in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know the Garmen tracker does, is Fitbit going to update anytime soon?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ctijerina - I’m just another Fitbit user but have not heard any rumors to that effect. I would guess the answer is no, since it seems it would need different hardware, not just a firmware update. Of course, I could be wrong. You’re right about different wearables offering different features. I need to measure oxygen saturation on demand for some health issues so I bought a fingertip pulse oximeter rather than switching to a different company. I stayed because of other options the Sense offers that other companies do not. We each have to analyze our specific needs/wants then choose accordingly. 

Best Answer
Tell me about the Sense Offers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure, @Ctijerina - you can read all about the Sense features here, but allow me to point out what I specifically like. Note: I am not familiar with the Garmin wearables so my comparisons are to the Apple Watch. 

• First is battery life. The Sense advertises 6+ days. I charge mine when I shower so the battery is always good. Apple’s battery is less than one day ... which leads me to my second favorite feature ...
  • Sleep Stages and Sleep Score. Fitbit’s reports are easy to read and helpful. Everything is in the Fitbit app. My doctors find these reports helpful, too. Overnight oxygen saturation graphs show us that my CPAP is working as it should. I’ve also learned a lot, such as these two key items: 1.) what foods to avoid in the evening because I can see they negatively affect my sleep, 2.) When to take any pain meds because I can see if they result in a better sleep or not. If not, why take them?
  • Apple offers sleep info but you have to download a third app. (Yes, you need two apps to start with. For sleep, you need a third.) And with the short battery life, I would have to figure out when to charge the watch, if not at night.
  • On-Wrist Temperature Sensor - which tracks your skin temperature each night to show how it varies from your personal baseline, so you can be aware of your trends over time. I find this comforting during this pandemic. 

There are other features I like but let me tell you my very favorite Fitbit feature. It’s the Challenges. I can compete with Fitbit folk anonymously (preserving my privacy). And I find these very motivating! There are days when I just feel like staying home with a good book and a cup of tea ... but find myself going for a walk anyway because my challenge friends are still out there competing. 

Sorry for rambling but as you can probably tell, I’m a fan. Any questions? 

Best Answer
I will have to read up on it! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer