Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies not working for android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am i not getting a option for quick response. I have a LG V20 which is a android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
113 REPLIES 113

Did you get the update? Only 10% of us got the update and the rest will roll out slowly in the next few weeks....I’m still waiting for mine.

Best Answer

I got the update. I have options to customize 5 quick replies, but when I get a message, there is no option to reply. 

Best Answer

I just bought the watch. Im not sure if i got the update or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Motorola Turbo charge and I cannot access the quick replies either.  I updated my Fitbit app when I got the Versa (so that I could set it up), but still no quick replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the exact same thing on mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you receive a text message, you have to click on it on your watch to open it fully, and from there you will have the option to reply or clear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I have previously mentioned, when I click on the message, there is no other option but "clear"

I did notice that on Facebook messenger, the option to reply is there, but not on my SMS app (Textra)..

Best Answer

It’s not the app that matters.  It’s the firmware update on your phone.  

Check what version you are on under settings. About.  And version.  It should say 32.32.10.20. 

If it doesn’t say that you won’t have quick replies.  And quick replies are only for android users. You need the firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When was that released?

32.32.10.15 was just announced on May 3.

BTW, I have an Android.

Best Answer

I thought i saw somewhere that quick replies doesn't work with textra

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Susie. I switched over to "Messages" - the stock Samsung texting app. I'm getting  quick replies now on Messages, FB Messenger and Whatsapp. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does work on Textra. In Textra settings, you have to go to the 'Define Notifications' section and set android in line buttons to android in line reply and mark as read. 

Best Answer

Hey that worked! 

Thank you 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are most welcome 😊👌🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out after the Fitbit chat people couldnt. If you have an Android phone, besides enabling permissions and what not, you have to enable the text messaging app to allow install of  unknown apps. 

I also stopped the services and cleared everything and then turned everything back on and got it working. If you need help let me know. But thjs should do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheBarron helloo! Can you tell me how to do the "enable the text messaging app to allow install of  unknown apps" step?  

I got the update and am using an android but have not been successful in getting the reply option to show up on the watch...

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into settingsGo to AppsGo down to messages and into it.At the bottom you will see an option called "Install unknown apps" It should show "Allow"
If it doesnt then select it and turn onto "Allow from this source"
See if this enables it. I shut off and then turned back on my watch. It then shows up when I sent myself test texts. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have iphone when is it gonna be out for iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to attach pics but it didnt work but ill try again here to pit screenshots. Screenshot_20180513-200049_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-200502_Settings.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes