Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies not working for android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am i not getting a option for quick response. I have a LG V20 which is a android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
113 REPLIES 113
Well the key to mine was enabling the settings in the messenger and allowing fitbit and the main txt messageing app to allow unknown sources and allow push notifications etc. But different phones may use different versions of texting. I would also enable developer mode in Android so you can be sure to allow unknown sources. 
Also in Android 8 in the settings, there is a gear in the top right and in that, more notifcation settings and push options. I turned some of those on as well. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

its driving me nuts!  I can see the quick reply options in the fitbit app.. i can go and modify them even. but they dont work on my watch...how can some people have the update and not everyone???

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have it if you see it. So the problem is probably on the phones end. Like mine you have to find a way to allow the messaging app permisions to send it to your watch or enable all the permissions in both apps. 
Once i turned everything on i stopped and restarted the apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the weird thing is i get the option to CLEAR, REPLY,LIKE or RETWEET when i get a twitter notification.. If i select reply it takes me to the twitter app on my phone.. very strange..

Best Answer
Make sure your default messenger app is set to your phones regular text messenger app and not say twitter or FB messenger as this may be why thats happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheBarron wrote:

I tried to attach pics but it didnt work but ill try again here to pit screenshots. Screenshot_20180513-200049_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20180513-200502_Settings.jpg

Hello TheBarron,

Thank you for your detailed post! I see exactly what your talking about but that app option isn't there for me. I run Android 6.1. Like one of the others users, when I open up the Fitbit app, I can see quick replies in the menu and I have quick replies for messages but they're all sort of grayed out. Like they're there but I can't use them. I use the stock messaging app on my Verizon Galaxy S5. I've looked all over my settings to find the one you're talking about but all I found is Unknown Source under Security.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well i turned on unknown source but if you have an older Android OS it may not work. Sorry but im not sure what else to try. It bassically comes down to a permissions issue and if the version of Text messaging your phone has, will push the notifactions and allow access to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really appreciate your help.. sadly for me its still not working.  I am at this point thinking it might be an update firmware issue.. I rang fitbit and they couldnt help.. in fac they couldnt tell me if its me the phone the watch of the firmware.. so frustrating.. I found the allow unknown but it was in the security section.. who knows!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get it...just wait?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, you may have to dig into the security settings for both the fitbit app and the messenger app and enable all the push options and notifications and double check the permissions on the blue tooth profile for the watch just in case. Make sure it allows everything. Hopefully someone figures it out and can narrow it down. 
I stumbled upon it trying different things so maybe you will to. Maybe remove and readd the device to your phone as well to be sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I find strange is that I can send one of the quick replies to a missed call. I just noticed it today and I'm almost certain that it wasn't an option before then.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well thags good. That what i use mine for when riding my motorcycle. And the auto reply for texts when driving. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need android 7.0 and above for the quick reply’s to work.  This isn’t a Fitbit issue.  It’s an android one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct. My resolution only seems to apply to My Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 8.0.
However i had to turn on to allow unknown sources in the messenger app and play with the ntoifcstion settings a bit. Now mine works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes i think you are correct.. now the tricky bit.. my phone is a galaxy 5.. i don't automatically get the updates for 7... how the heck do i do it..?? any clues.. I did a google and started but chickened out because i had no idea what i was doing!!  HELP!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Some devices only go so far and carriers will only push out to a certain version. There is probably a way to put android 8 on your pjone but i wouldnt risk it unless your fine with having to reimage the phone. I played a lot with phones back in the day but not so much any more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Motorola Droid turbo 2. It didn't work for me. I also played
around in my message settings.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Think it will be easier to get a samsung galaxy 8.. I did attempt to upgrade my s5.. started the process and was totally confused.. not tech savvy it seems 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I was just fumbling around and got it to work. Different phone manufacturers probably have different messenger and phone apps specific to their carrier and phone model is my guess. Maybe try resetting all your app permissions between your fitbit, pgone and messenger app then rejoining your Versa to your bluetooth so it prompts for permissions and you can set them again. Not sure what else to try at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too...it gave me the option once, but now it's stopped...also, it only gives me the option to decline calls, not accept them. I am on a huawei P9, and that is an android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes