Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies not working for android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am i not getting a option for quick response. I have a LG V20 which is a android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
113 REPLIES 113
This is an option on Android but by enabling it, it makes your phone more vulnerable. My guess is Apple will never enable such a thing so it might not ever happen. Or if it does they will make it so you have to use their device and not fitbit. It makes sense because its how they keep their devices so secure. But who knows. Maybe. There is always hope. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

The closest thing i could find was settings - apps - security - unk sources (allow installation from unk sources).  Still not working.  The option want avail from settings - apps - msg ....

Best Answer

I cant access quick replies either.. have spent hours talking with help staff.. still nothing!  frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Im on Android 8.0 on Samsung Galaxy S8. Depending on your phone and android ot may not be exacrly the same.
I also have developer options enabled. Not sure if that will affect anything.
Also go under settings, notification and scroll down to Messages. 
It should have a toggle switch on and you can press the word and go into settings inside of that and turn stuff on and at the bottom will have option for settings in app. Hit that and go in there and see if you can enable anything that refferes to showing notifications.
Then be sure the Fitbit app has all permissions as well. 
Not sure what else to try. So.e phones have their own messenger or use the FB app. You can try selecting a different one and then switching back. And see if that works and reboot the Versa. 
Not sure beyond that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into settingsGo to AppsGo down to messages and into it.At the bottom you will see an option called "Install unknown apps" It should show "Allow"
If it doesnt then select it and turn onto "Allow from this source"
See if this enables it. I shut off and then turned back on my watch. It then shows up when I sent myself test texts. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here- got the update, updated, even rebooted. No option for Reply, can only Clear and Mark As Read.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try my other posts about how i got mine working? See if it helps you. 

Best Answer

Finally works for me. Thanks for posting this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you.. I am trying but still nothing!! I may not be doing this correctly.. I dont the see the toggle! You do mean on my phone yeah?  appreciate your help..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey again.. I have tried all these and still nothing!   i just wonder if is because i need an update.. but there is none available.. I think I shouldve got the apple watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you on the .15 update? Quick replies came with that update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still cant get this to work.. I think mine might be broken!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this update.. still no quick replies!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem. Glad i can help at least one person to not suffer this technological blunder. Now if only Fitbit could repay me for my frustrations. Lol. Cheers.

Best Answer

Hey.. maybe i dont have the update.. it looks like i have.  I only got my versa 4 days ago.. so you would think it would have the up to date firmware??  32.32.10.15 is what i am on.. any ideas??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well tou have to get the fitbit update and have the quick reply option available in the fitbit app under notifications. If it doesnt show, tour fitbit hasnt gotten the update yet. I got mine a day after the first people started to. 
I would just back to a Pebble Steel if it doesnt work. They where basic but it worked. Im keeping mine handy just in case. Lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I might try another phone tonight.. maybe its my phone?? Samsung S5 should work though..frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats the correct update for the versa. But your phone may not allow it. If you see the quick reply option under notifications then it should work. But if not then im not sure at that point. Im on Android 8 on a galaxy s8

Best Answer
0 Votes