Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies not working for android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am i not getting a option for quick response. I have a LG V20 which is a android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
113 REPLIES 113
Ill have to make a video i guess and put it on youtube. May be a few days though. Im oncall and i have to be sure i dont show sensitive data. Ill reply with a link when i do. No promises though if it will work. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Update... I now am getting my FB messenger notifications and it gives me the option to reply BUT not with my phone messages. PLZ HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO SWITCH THEM!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your SMS or messenger options in your phones settings and make sure FB messenger isn't set as the default messenger app. Screenshot shows it, its in the settings, apps, messages location. Then set it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

razerf15 thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like I am slow af or my phone is just retarded. I went into my SMS app and my messages are set as default not my messenger. I even went into my fitbit app and checked to see which was set as the default and it's set as my messages as well. I wish I could send screenshots as well. Cuz I can NOT figure this our for nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the link to my solution which im hoping will help people with their autoreply problem. Please like if you do. Cheers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6FHEKUmqyk
Best Answer
0 Votes

Loed the video. Very easy to follow. Only one problem... I have a ZTE grand Max. It's running on a 7.1.1 IOS so it's up to date. My versa also has the up to date version for the quick response options as well. I also have in my phone my SMS app has messages set as my defaut. And in my versa it's set as the default as well. But YET I only get the option to do quick responses in my FB messenger 🤷🤷 also in my messages app there is not the option that says "download unknown sources" that option is only in my security? So I'm rly at a loss on how to get this to work or change 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you can force it by removing FB and the messenger app. Then try it and see if it defaults back to the phones own messenger app. Then test it and see where it goes. Of course, text your phone number from another phone. You can always re-install Facebook and FB messenger after as long as you remember your Password. You may be able to go into the FB Messenger app and see if it has its own setting for default. 

Best Answer

Wouldn't I need to re do the initial set up like in the beginning when pairing the devices  after I've deleted the apps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just delete the Facebook messenger app. So it forces the phone to revert to its default. Then see if the fitbit app switches. You may have to reboot the phone or versa but maybe not. Just give it a try. Fa ebook messenger is easy to put back.

Best Answer

I deleted both apps, yet still don't get the option to do reply to my text messages 🤦🤦 so what now? Like a reset? Repair? IDK what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

To reboot your versa go to settings then scroll down to About. In About, scroll down to Shutdown. Then you can turn it off. After a few min, hit the side button to boot back up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay I haven't tried the reboot yet. But so far it still does not give me the option to reply. Everything on both fitbit and my phone have messaging as default. Also in my security it has "allow from unknown sources" turned on. So I'm gonna try this reboot and see how that works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be sure the Fitbit app has full permissions like in the video. Re-pairing it may also do the trick. When it re-pairs via blutooth it asks for permissions, be sure to give them all.Screenshot_20181207-231508_Package installer.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

IDK what I've done but now I'm not getting the notification at ALL 😭😭😭😭😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the last thing to try is first put the Versa on the charger. This allows it to sync and update via the phone. Let it charge up and give say 15 min. Leave you phone close to it. Then try rebooting the phone and once its back up, take the versa off the dock and it wil/should update whatever permissions your phone pushes to it.

If that doesn't work, there's the final option. Unpair the Versa and remove the Fitbit app from your phone. Reboot phone and Fitbit again. Once back up, install the Fitbit app and grant all permissions. Double check that all the settings from my video are on or match them up as close as possible. 

Then re-pair your Versa and grant any requested permissions. 

That's the last thing I can think of. Take a break first, wait till your refreshed and the frustration has gone down. I know it took me forever to finely figure mine out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheBarron @Lavelleg303 @SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! 

@TheBarron thank you for your help in this thread and for sharing all these tips including a Youtube video.

@Lavelleg303 Your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. Try refreshing the link between your phone and your Versa. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. Also check out the help article here.

@SunsetRunner happy to hear that the tips in this thread helped you.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Just bought a Sense and really excited. I've been struggling with a Charge 3 where I cannot see the screen outside. 

I've been onto FB for 2 hours today trying to find a solution. If anyone has any non patronising solutions it would be great!. 

Running Android. This is bugging the hell out of me because no one seems to know the problem. Or at least FB accepting there is a problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wait, so is the issue that you can't get the quick replies to work or that you can't see the screen outside?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the problem is the quick replies you can try my past post suggestions. They are a bit old and the video I had is gone now so sorry about that. But im still on my original Versa since 2018. 

The issue was permissions problems. You have to go into the messenger app and turn on all permissions, same for the fitbit app and the phone app as well so the three apps can talk to each other and relay phone and message statuses between each other. This may or not work on Apple OS but does work on Android OS because my 2018 Versa still works. 

Best Answer