Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

After having my versa for 4 months the screen just all of a sudden goes blank even when it's on the charger. However the green lights underneath it are still working and my alarm is vibrating. So I know it's still working just no screen. This is the 3rd watch I have had replaced for the same reason I'm starting to think it's a fault in the watch can anyone share some light if had same experience

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Aproc Does it ever come back on? Or is it permanently blank now? Have you tried factory reset? 

Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa from your Paired Devices list in your phone's Bluetooth settings. To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first. After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app.

If you cannot access Settings app on your versa, perform factory reset using 3 buttons:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this usually takes 15 seconds but may take up to 3-6 minutes)
  2. Release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aproc Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is unresponsive even when you plug it on the charging cable. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the great workaround that shared my friend @Marrrmaduke.

In addition, please try cleaning the contacts of your Versa and charger with a cotton swab in order to remove any dust that the contacts accumulate. Finally, charge your tracker for 3 hours and see if the display turns on.

Let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion I actually ended up taking it back into the shop and they sent it away I don't know what was wrong with it but they just sent me another new one again. Hopefully it doesn't happen a fourth time.
Best Answer

@Aproc I'm glad you got a new tracker! 😄 Awesome! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

@Aproc I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance with your new Versa and we'll be happy to assist you! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes