Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several issues with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering if anyone has had some of the issues I’ve had.  Sometimes I’ll just stop receiving notifications, most of the time I need to sync my device with the app several times just to get the sleep time on my watch face to display.  In addition, last week it  decided not to log my sleep at all one night.  The other day it stopped registering my heart rate so I rebooted it and it started working.  I recently bought my girlfriend the ionic and she doesn’t have half the issues I have.  I’ve contacted support several times and they’ve been no help.  All they did was to call them back when the issue occurs.  I’m hoping it just needs a software update but I’m wondering if others have experienced similar issues.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Jonathanhigh5, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with your Fitbit Versa and Customer Support. I am glad to hear your girlfriend is enjoying the Fitbit Ionic you bought for her. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issues you're experiencing with your device tracking sleep, heart rate and receiving notifications. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Thank you for letting me know that you've been in contact with Customer Support. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, I apologize for any disappointment. 

Usually a missing requirement is the cause of the issue with notifications and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? Move on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists.

I am glad to hear your heart rate started registering after a restart. You can find additional troubleshooting instructions here

Regarding the issue with sleep, you can manually log sleep to reflect the time slept when your sleep wasn't registered. For the steps to log your sleep, please see this help article: How do I change my sleep history?

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been running into the same thing with issues tracking heart rate. I understand having technical issues, but the "fix" shouldn't be just to tell the consumer to turn it on and off again. If it continues happening, there has to be a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rebucket, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

Thank you for sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with tracking your heart rate. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Tracking of the heart rate is affected by the personal physiology, location of wear, and the type of movement. For tips to improve the heart rate tracking, please see this help article: How do I improve the accuracy of my heart-rate reading?

If your Fitbit device doesn’t show your heart rate, try the troubleshooting tips here

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes