Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa has tracked my sleep twice when the tracker was locked into the charger on the other side of the room. . It posted bogus activity. How is that possible?  And I didn't even start the sleep segment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ToniSt No, reboot does not erase the data. You can reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until fitbit logo flashes. Btw, would you happen to have another fitbit tracker linked to your account? Beside Versa?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@ToniSt Could you please clarify what Versa recorded? Sleep or activity (e.g. steps)? Some users have reported their Versa registering "ghost" steps while charging. Please reboot your tracker several times by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. You can delete these ghost steps by manually recording Driving activity in the Fitbit mobile app for the corresponding time period. 

Note: If after rebooting, the problem still persists, you will need to upgrade Versa's firmware. At the moment, it can be only done by performing a factory reset. Factory reset will wipe all the data from your Versa, so sync it first. Before factory reset, delete the tracker from your Fitbit account in the Fitbit mobile app and from the Paired Devices list in your phone bluetooth settings. Reboot your phone. Now, open Settings app on your Versa, scroll down to About, tap it and scroll down to Factory Reset. After Factory Reset, Versa will display standard Setup screen. You will have to set up Versa again by adding it as a new device in your Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marrrmaduke, thanks for your response.

Yes, the subject of my post was "sleep" tracking. Sorry for any confusion. I'm only referring to sleep activity.

My sleep activity has been showing up as Awake, REM, Light and Deep when I turn on the sleep feature in the APP at bedtime.

On 2 nights I did not turn sleep on, and I was charging my device in its cradle on the other side of the room from my bed. In the morning sleep activity was recorded in all four categories, showing 7+ hours of sleep. How can that happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniSt Versa automatically recognizes when you're asleep. Remove all bedtime targets from your fitbit mobile app and sync. Then reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo appears. Please refer to this help article for more info.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I read the article, but still don't understand how the tracker has logged periods of Light, Deep, REM, etc. when the device was plugged into the charger all night on a table across the room?  Whose sleep is it tracking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniSt the only way it can happen is if tracker thinks you're wearing it and is measuring the HR. You can check if there is a HR recording for that period of time (in the Fitbit mobile app). Nevertheless, I would simply reboot the tracker and kept an eye on it if the bug reappears.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked the heart rate for those two days. The period of time when it was on the charger, the APP didn't record a heart rate.

However, the sleep cycle is recorded in detail for that period of time !!

I'm beginning to wonder if I should return this tracker too. I had the Fitbit 3 which would never set up properly and had to return it.

If I reboot the Versa, will I lose my  previously recorded exercise, sleep data ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniSt No, reboot does not erase the data. You can reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until fitbit logo flashes. Btw, would you happen to have another fitbit tracker linked to your account? Beside Versa?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks .

No i returned the faulty Fitbit 3 device and removed it from the APP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marrrmaduke, thanks for your response.

Yes, the subject of my post was "sleep" tracking. Sorry for any confusion. I'm only referring to sleep activity.

My sleep activity has been showing up as Awake, REM, Light and Deep when I turn on the sleep feature in the APP at bedtime.

On 2 nights I did not turn sleep on, and I was charging my device in its cradle on the other side of the room from my bed. In the morning sleep activity was recorded in all four categories, showing 7+ hours of sleep. How can that happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniSt no, it shouldn't happen. Did you exchange the device?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes