Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep, active hours and tracking issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa for almost a week now and I am now thinking that it isn't working properly. This is my first Fitbit and fitness tracker.

• First of all, the sleep tracker has stopped working. It tracked my sleep the first night I had it, then logged the next two nights as under 2 hour naps, and now the past two nights haven't been tracked at all. 
  • Secondly, the hourly notifications to move only occur every once in a while and will go multiple hours without a notification.
  • Third, The step tracking isn't accurate.  My SO has a very active job where she is on her feet all day (she uses a Charge 2), and yet me at my desk job has me clocking in way more steps than her.
  • Lastly, bike rides. I primarily bought the Versa to track my sleeping and rides. I just tried it out on a 15.5 mile ride that only logged it as a 10 mile ride.

Should I get a new Versa or are these problems pretty consistent with this device?

Thanks for any help from anyone.

-Dennis

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lindy0116 thank you for your response! I have a question: was it faulting on your HR monitor? I feel like it's not tracking my sleep because the HR monitor keeps cutting out and will not reconnect a read. And I've worn this thing every which way!

Thanks again! Have you looked into any other sleep trackers?

Heart Rate Monitor was struggling to keep a read because of my tattoo! I have a dark tattoo on my left arm and I just switched to my right, untattooed arm and it's getting consistent reads!! WOW!! Heads up Fitbit!! This is a problem

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Great to see you around @DennisB114.

I will be glad to help you out with the issue you have been experiencing with your Versa:

• Sleep: Please take a look at the help article Why don't I see sleep stages today? and follow the tips provide there.
  • Reminders to move: I suggest checking that you have this option on. Follow the steps in the What is a reminder to move? article.
  • Steps: If you are seeing that your steps aren't being accurate, restart your watch, see how many steps you have, walk 100 steps and see how many it registered.
  • Biking: Can you tell me how are you registering this activity, are you selecting it directly from the watch, using SmartTrack or are you manually logging it? Modify your stride length information and test the Versa.

Hope this helps, see you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!  

• SLEEP- So, I have been looking into how the sleep function works more and I think since I move a lot in my sleep the Versa isn't able to even start logging any sleep patterns.  Ill have to look more into it, thankyou for the link!
  • REMINDERS TO MOVE - I have the option on, and the first couple of days it would remind me hourly.  Sometimes it will notify me and other hours it will not.  I dont know what else to do for this part.
  • STEPS- So! After talking to a coworker who also has a Versa, as well as my SO, it looks like the extra steps I'm getting are coming from driving and riding my bike (1+ hour bike ride made for about 6,000 steps, a 15 minute car ride made for 1,000 steps).  Is there a way to turn off the step counter when im riding my bike or driving in my car?
  • BIKING- I reset my watch and turned the wifi on on my phone for the ride and the bike ride tracking was WAY more accurate!  I am using the "Exercise - Bike" to log the ride.  I guess my main concern with this function is the above mentioned step counting problem.

Thanks again for your assistance and time!

-Dennis 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @DennisB114.

I am glad to hear that most of yours inquiries have been answered. We are just missing the steps while driving, right? There isn't an option to avoid the tracker to count steps, but you can negate that extra information by manually logging the activity "Driving".

Test your Versa and if there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit thanks again for your time.

After some further troubleshooting, research online and reading lots of the manual, I have determined that the main problem I am having with my Versa stems from the fact that the heart rate monitor loses a read and then does not want to re-establish a heart rate read. I've repositioned the Versa, wore it tight, wore it a little looser, worn it further down my arm (which is uncomfortable) and it still has a very hard time maintaining a consistent HR read. I've worn it to the specs of the manual (1 and 2 finger width down from your wrist bone). I'm using the stock wristband. I'm running out of ideas! This device would work a heck of a lot better if the HR monitor wasn't stopping like every 15 minutes. 

Thanks again for your help! I'm starting to lose patience! Haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa has also stopped tracking any sleep at all. I even returned the first and the second is having the exact same problem. It doesn’t recognize anything at all. 

Best Answer

@lindy0116 thank you for your response! I have a question: was it faulting on your HR monitor? I feel like it's not tracking my sleep because the HR monitor keeps cutting out and will not reconnect a read. And I've worn this thing every which way!

Thanks again! Have you looked into any other sleep trackers?

Heart Rate Monitor was struggling to keep a read because of my tattoo! I have a dark tattoo on my left arm and I just switched to my right, untattooed arm and it's getting consistent reads!! WOW!! Heads up Fitbit!! This is a problem

Best Answer
0 Votes