Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep feature screen freezes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased my first Fitbit. I have been having ongoing issues with the sleep feature. Today I can finally I see my sleep score (after a lot of trial and error) but every time I tap on it to open the today screen freezes. I am sure the app is up to date. I have trouble shooted using previous posts and nothing is working.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @AAJSR  Id suggest you uninstall the app, reinstall it and log back in to your account. Hopefully that will fix it.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@AAJSR welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the issue that your Versa is experiencing while trying to open the "Today" screen.

In order to avoid providing the same information on my end, I would like to know what troubleshooting steps you have tried.

Thank you for your help @NellyG.

Looking forward to your response! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue since upgrading to iOS 13. If I try to open my sleep screen the app freezes and I have to close it down. 

Best Answer

@Ravenburn, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit forums.

Please make sure that your iOS device has the most recent Fitbit app version installed. If the app is up to date, try logging out of the app, restart your phone, open the app, log in and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have the same issue for last 3 weeks.  iPhone 8+.  Tried everything suggested.  

Best Answer
I have taken the app off and reinstalled it numerous times. It works for a bit but still freezes sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem - once touching sleep tracking, the app completely freezes for a minute, then ends up back at the dashboard, without showing any sleep data.

Best Answer

Me too! I tried deleting and reinstalling but now the App Store won’t download the app. Any suggestions actually working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked after a logout and reinstall of the app.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact problem - sleep freezes the app, tried logging out and deleting the app and now it won’t download from the App Store. I noticed the app was updated in the last 20 hours so maybe this is a new bug that was introduced with the update?

Best Answer

this worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found what worked was deleting the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the app. The phone restart was the crucial step. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shutting down the phone and then restarting it worked for me. Not just restarting the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Really annoying. I’ve just upgraded to the new version of app and error still there 🙈😡🙈

Best Answer

Me too. The issue still there. IOS v14.4 and Fitbit v3.39.2. Is there any way to delete some of the old sleep data to solve the freezing issue?

Best Answer

Yes I’ve started to have the same issue in the last few weeks. It’s just sleep which freezes.

update ... I deleted the app, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app... seems to be much better now !

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just wondered if you lost all your history in doing this? Thanks for replying

Rita

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi Rita

Good question and I was a bit worried tbh - but all history remains and the app seems to work a bit quicker now as well.. good luck!

Ed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Doodle_Lady

I was worried about this as well but the good news is that all history remains and the app seems to be working a bit quicker now!

Best Answer
0 Votes