Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought the versa and it’s not tracking sleep correctly. Said I went to bed at 4am and woke up at 5am. My charge worked awesome but now I’m questioning the versa. Don’t want to get a Apple Watch 97AD2A1D-4B05-4DCE-BD1D-F8A59D80832B.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @versafb, awesome to have you as a new member of the Fitbit Community! I appreciate you have shared a screenshot of your sleep data. I'm wondering what should be the correct time that is not showing in the sleep entry?

Anyways, if the issue continues with the sleep. Please review that your Fitbit app is updated to the most recent version. For more details use the following help article: What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?

If the app is updated, try to perform a restart on your tracker: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps and for some additional information regarding sleep, review the following suggestions: What should I know about sleep stages?

See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my sleep stages are definitely not tracking. I even set it to sensitive and it's not right at all. It also doesn't log my heart rate properly and usually just says I don't have one. Then I do and so on. I just bought this beast after having a Charge HR for a few years and then an Alta HR for the past year. So due to my use of it being really focussed around these things as I have a medical condition that means this data is really useful to me and I missed the heart rate on the Alta but I mean my sleep is absolute nonsense. Please help. I don't want to give up on Fitbit! But have had various problems with all versions. Here's my chart so you can see the difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also how the hell do you add a picture?? It can't be this complex! It's a bloody screen shot 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many times will you mods use the same cookie cutter troubleshooting garbage? There are at least 5 threads for the inaccurate sleep tracker alone on the first page of this forum. Instead of beating around the bush and indirectly blaming it on user error, just tell the community you are aware of the issue and are working on a patch. I haven’t even had mine for a week and it accurately tracked my sleep once. It was the first night I used it. Every time after that it says I fell asleep at a ridiculously early time in the morning and stopped tracking a couple hours after. 

If if you want to keep customers, cut the useless troubleshooting and tell the community you are aware of the problem. People respect honesty.

Best Answer

Excellent point 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been going through the same crap with them. It’s a joke. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa stopped tracking my sleep too this week. I've restarted it, powered it off/on, made sure the Heart Rate was on; and it still does not work!

Best Answer

I ended up having to put it on my dominate wrist.  I have tattoos on both arms but the coverage is less on my right arm. Once I did that my sleep tracker started working again. Seems crazy that tattoos would effect the tracker but for me it seems that’s the case. Works great on other arm. Anyone else try switching arms?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been wearing my Versa for a few months now.  It never tracks my sleep correctly.  I believe it's more a hardware problem than a software problem.  I was wearing the surge before the Versa and it worked flawlessly.

Best Answer

Oh I know. My blaze was awesome. The versa not so much.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have had my Versa for a couple of days now. It has not once registered my proper night time sleep... and yet it managed to pick up on a "1hr 50min" nap that I had on the sofa yesterday?? I have tried rebooting the device and the usual "turn stuff off and on again, make sure its updated..." blah blah blah. I thought this was suppose to be a top of the range bit of tech?! 

Best Answer

Hi same problem and can't fixed . I can't even change the days , they show I'm in the last week 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Preach 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Best Answer
0 Votes