Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just recently noticed that when I move my arm, my step count increases.  I do have it on my non-dominant arm and my settings reflect that.  

It seems like that should not be the case.  I was sitting at my desk stuffing envelopes and each time I moved my arm, my step count increased.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @liljen61 Wrist worn trackers all rely on arm movements to count your steps, so there will always be some extra steps counted when you are using your arm. Usually over a days stepping the number is insignificant, and really doesnt affect your measurements much. If you are getting thousands when you are not walking there might be a problem with the tracker. In case it is glitching, try restarting your Versa several times and see if that helps. There are some activities that count many steps for different people so if you are doing one of these it is probably easiest to remove the tracker while you do the activity (I have seen reports of both guitar playing and drumming counting thousands of extra steps, along with other activities at times)

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @liljen61 Wrist worn trackers all rely on arm movements to count your steps, so there will always be some extra steps counted when you are using your arm. Usually over a days stepping the number is insignificant, and really doesnt affect your measurements much. If you are getting thousands when you are not walking there might be a problem with the tracker. In case it is glitching, try restarting your Versa several times and see if that helps. There are some activities that count many steps for different people so if you are doing one of these it is probably easiest to remove the tracker while you do the activity (I have seen reports of both guitar playing and drumming counting thousands of extra steps, along with other activities at times)

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes