Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and floors while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did 3 hours of driving today and it added 34 floors and 1000 steps. I even took it off before I started but it still counted it all. I have added driving as an activity but it hasn't gotten rid of any of the steps or floors. How do I get rid of this? How do I stop this happening in future? I have heard the drivebit app doesn't actually work, so there's no point getting that. It doesn't seem like there is any option other than taking it back and getting a refund, especially since when I do actually do exercise and my heart is racing, the heart rate monitor stops working. Can the versa do anything right? At all?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Naivety, great to see you participating in the Community.

Driving can sometimes cause your watch to register extra information. Unfortunately, it's not possible to delete steps and floors, but you can achieve the same result by negating them:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise" or shows how many days you've exercised this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon.
  3. Tap Log or Log Previous.
  4. Enter Driving as the exercise type and enter the date, start time, and duration.
  5. Tap Add or Log it. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you even read my post? I said I already added driving as an activity and it didn't do anything. 

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hey @Naivety, great to see you participating in the Community.

Driving can sometimes cause your watch to register extra information. Unfortunately, it's not possible to delete steps and floors, but you can achieve the same result by negating them:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise" or shows how many days you've exercised this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon.
  3. Tap Log or Log Previous.
  4. Enter Driving as the exercise type and enter the date, start time, and duration.
  5. Tap Add or Log it. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Naivety Im not sure if this is the problem, but it often is when logging a driving activity doesnt work.

Here is how you shou d log a driving activity. If you accidently type in the whole word 'Driving' instead of selectingnit off the list then you may accidently create a custom Driving Activity which will not delete your steps or floors. It may not be relevant to what you did, but it might be, try an log it again as written below and see if it works.

To log a driving activity go to your app, tap the exercise tile (running man), then the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the screen that comes up start to type in Driving and when the list drops down SELECT DRIVING from the list (very importand not to type in the whole word). Fill in the details and Log it.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Nelly, thanks for the response but yes I did make sure I was choosing the option of driving rather than typing it in for myself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you delete the activity right away when it didn't remove the extra steps?  I've noticed it can sometimes takes hours before adjusting the steps (sometimes even overnight).  I have the same problem all the time and think it's a terrible bug. My iPhone never registered a false step while driving the entire time I had it. Makes me want to go back. 

Best Answer