Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps increase while charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was just wondering how do I restart my versa? The first one I purchased in July did it a few times when it count extra steps while it was charging so I thought it was defective. I was able to return it and exchange it. I get my new one this week and last night I charged it and I just woke up to all these steps again that I haven’t even taken! I’m a lil irritated about that. Especially because I do weekly challenges and ppl will question why I’m getting so many steps when I’m suppose to be sleeping. What do I do? I love my versa I don’t want to return for good😔

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Let's look below and click on help then search for restart.

Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=restart

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Cyoung2006 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I am sorry to hear that your Versa is counting steps while charging and would like to know if there was a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating on the same surface that your Versa was placed on? If so, I recommend trying to place the watch on a different surface without any vibration and see if the issue persists.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I just saw this about the fan. Why would a fan calculate steps? I can certainly put my Fitbit somewhere else but how do I edit the 3089 steps it added while I was sleeping? And why would a fan do this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the past people have mentioned that the vibrations of a fan has given steps @NYVTBR, why does it do this? I'm not sure but your tracker counts steps by looking at movement.

For how to remove these steps, let's tap on the link to help that you see below.

How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Learn how to delete steps, floors, profile data, greetings, and weight logs
Best Answer
0 Votes