Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden increase in step count when sitting still

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I was sitting down when suddenly my fit bit was telling me that I got a new badge for getting 65 000 steps in a day. When I checked both the app and my versa watch they are both reading as having over 68 000 steps. Which I had only been awake for a little over an hour at that point and would have had maybe about 200 steps. Is there a way to fix this, I'm part of a Valley Loop Challenge currently that it says I've won now if that helps identify a glitch maybe? 

This is the first time this has ever happened and I've had my versa since end of August 2019. I use a Samsung S9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KaitlinMarie27.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the accuracy issue you experienced with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for providing the additional details. I understand your concern as you're part of a Valley Loop Challenge currently and recommend removing the extra steps from your daily total by following the instructions in this help article: How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app? 

I have also sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KaitlinMarie27.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the accuracy issue you experienced with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for providing the additional details. I understand your concern as you're part of a Valley Loop Challenge currently and recommend removing the extra steps from your daily total by following the instructions in this help article: How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app? 

I have also sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm having same issue with my Versa today. I was sitting in the morning and suddenly the steps went to 17K with no movement at all. Is there a fix for the app?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @lola20.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend restarting your watch by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem happened to me several times now, despite the Versa being updated and also restarted several times.  Something is definitely glitching, which is a shame, because it renders my stats completely useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @JaxMax

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I recommend confirming if you have MobileTrack paired to your Fitbit account. MobileTrack lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit device by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. For more information, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack? MobileTrack may add extra steps and I recommend removing it from your Fitbit account if you're not using it: How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine clocked 32,000 steps today with very little movement, I have re set, re installed but the stats are still at 32,000 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, and same problem all over the Fitbit forums and they never have a better answer than to restart it or check your settings. Obviously, relying on a Fitibit to count steps is a bad idea because it's completely inaccurate an always will be.

Best Answer
0 Votes