Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages won't open on my Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text msgs do not open when tapping open. They disappear. Every other notification works perfectly. Even changed msg app. Nope! Samsung 8 Note.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Hello @SunsetRunner as mentioned above, you are seeing things correctly, tapping on open will open the message on the phone, and make it disappear from the tracker. 

Tap the message once and it should open part of the message. I forget how many chart tots, but tapping open, as mentioned in several posts above, will open the message up on the phone. Once the user tells Fitbit to open up on the phone, there is no reason to leave the message on the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not when I open on phone. When I push open on my tracker everything closes. 

I haven't even went near the phone to check or clear. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press open on the watch, only that message closes, as it should. 

I pick up the phone, unlock the screen, and the message is the next thing I see. 

If you press open, you are telling the tracker to open the notification on the phone. If your not near the phone, don't press open. 

This is explained in your user manual. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. You saved me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem I'm having is similar but not quite the same.  I get my notifications just fine.  How do I open the message itself?  If I tap "open", the notification just disappears and goes back to the clock face.  I can tap "reply" with no problem, but I can't figure out how to read the text message before I "reply".  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand what you are saying, but when I tap on the  message notification, it does not open so I can read the text message.  How do I open the message on my tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem.  I see the notification.  If I tap on the notification, it takes me to the clear/reply/open screen.  I tap open and it just goes back to the clock face, but it opened on my phone.  I want to read the message on my tracker.  How do I do that?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto.  I have a moto G6 and I use message+ .  What do I do to see the message itself on the tracker?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a clue to my problem I think.  But, how do I get messages to open on my lock screen of phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you enable preview messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you press "open on the tracker"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press the message once, it just disappears.  Any thoughts on that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto to what you said.  Any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is definitely helpful to me!  I have a moto G6, but your instructions were spot on for my message+ app.  I'm hoping this is the key to the mystery!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was definitely the problem for me, and it is now resolved.  Thanks to the one who figured out it was IN Message+, just left of "conversations" that I would find where to fix it.  Thanks Jogger!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Frustrated2020, you solved it for me!  I would never in a million years have figured it out otherwise.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!!! This fixed the issue!

Best Answer

Thanks for the solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

It used to open on watch. What happened,  how do i fix this?

--------------

No luck for me,  tried that several times

Best Answer

@Balkogirl I'm not sure what is happening for you. 

Do you get notification of the message on your wrist? 

What happens when tapping this notification once? 

It should open some of the message on the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes