Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of getting the Versa, looking for advice!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I currently have a Charge 2 and have had it for a couple of years.  I had spine surgery in January and I'm planning to start swimming more now that I'm healed and ready to amp up my exercise but I shouldn't really be jogging yet.

My question is what are the advantages of the Versa vs the Ionic? Also to listen to the music on the versa I just get a wireless set of earbuds?  

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you have small wrists, Versa looks a lot less stupid. Ionic has onboard GPS, but you probably don't need that for swimming.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

If you have small wrists, Versa looks a lot less stupid. Ionic has onboard GPS, but you probably don't need that for swimming.

Best Answer

The main advantages the Ionic has over the Versa are the built in GPS (so you don't need to bring your phone to track GPS runs etc), and also slightly better everyday battery life.

Yes you would need a set of Bluetooth headphones, and also mp3 music files to transfer to the device if you don't subscribe to Deezer premium or Pandora if in the US. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I highly recommend a Versa. But I also recommend waiting to get an updated version. the first release has been known to stop working after a couple of months. I am still waiting on a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will I know if there is an updated version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would buy locally in case you have to return it. It will be a lot easier than going through Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, if you have small wrists and like to change up your bands, I had a lot of trouble finding 3rd party bands for Ionic that were actually SMALL. They tended to be "free size," which means that they're supposed to fit like 5.5" to 8.0", which means you've got way too much extra band and it's really uncomfortable. Versa small is a bit larger than the small for Fitbit's older models, but it's definitely in the realm of actually small.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jayelo wrote:

I would buy locally in case you have to return it. It will be a lot easier than going through Fitbit. 

Thanks, that's a great tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not recommend the Versa. I had mine less than two months and woke up one morning to the black screen of death. I mailed it back over two weeks ago and just keep getting the run around on when I'll receive a new one. 

What a waste of $200. Spend a little more and go with the Apple watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes