Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time on Versa is half an hour slow

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The displayed time on the Versa is half an hour slow (it is currently 08:33 by every other clock in the house; the Versa shows 08:30) and it won't sync with my 'phone at all (Nokia 7 plus) since about 21:00 last night (2nd August).
The mobile app is showing the activities from yesterday (with the exception of active minutes which is zero)...
The actual watch appears to be recording activity, but don't really trust it anymore given the time is so completely wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I continued with Twitter support and they are now sending me a replacement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Mine is doing the same thing. I have also figured out that my device is not syncing with the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started setting up the Versa as a new device and it suddenly synced & the time changed to the correct time as well...
However, after about 90 minutes I noticed that the watch was showing the time as 7 minutes slow & wouldn't sync. Stared the process to set up as new device again, and once again the time changed to the correct time & it synced again.
Currently (12:26) all looks OK - again...

Best Answer

My wife has the same issue with her Versa.... it doesn't even function as a watch anymore!  Nor does it sync reliable with her Google Pixel 3XL running Android 9.0 (Pie).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same symptoms here with my wife's Versa. While we both have Versa's purchased at the same time (spring 2018) and the same model of phone (Samsung S9 running Android Pie), she has always had problems getting hers to sync. The last sync was yesterday afternoon, Aug. 2. Now, the tricks that normally worked to get it to sync no longer work. And her watch is losing time (slow). Also we've noted that the distance and pace after our walks is way off. We have a routine that is 3.06 miles long, but the display on the Versa is now only 2.89. (She doesn't walk with her phone, so this is an unconnect distance.) This is also a change from normal results from earlier walks.

This all seems to have just started this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I have been noticing is that the Versa won't sync when it's on my wrist or on the desk top, but if I put it in the charging cradle it will suddenly sync & the time will correct itself...
Take it out of the cradle and it starts losing time & not syncing - it's losing time quite quickly.
Come on fitbit - wtf is going on? An activity watch that can't even function as a watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As fitbit ignore anything said in these forums, I have posted a message on one of their Facebook pages...

Best Answer

Usual response from fitbit - a lot of waffle without saying anything useful.

Look - just admit you've cocked up the upgrade and reverse it. Then at least we'll be able to use these things for the purpose for which they were bought; as things stand they can just about be used, but are a royal PITA.
Fitbit are really not doing themselves any favours at all by ignoring this issue - what you're achieving is the destruction of customer goodwill and the further erosion of your position.
Your competition must absolutely love the seeming contempt with which you treat your customers - no wonder you're in such difficulties.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started with the same problem this week but, to add to the problem, I have removed my versa from my account, reinstalled the app, and now I can't set the versa up again.  It sits in the cradle charging but my phone is not connecting to even get me to the pairing stage.  

The Twitter support doesn't appear to read all the steps I've taken and just sends me articles/instructions which I have told them I have carried out numerous times - very frustrating!

It appears my versa has completely lost its bluetooth?

Best Answer

That is happening with mine to. I am almost thinking about factory resetting it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the factory re-set on mine which is why I need to re-pair it with my phone.  Dont do it!

Best Answer

@Snuggles082718 wrote:

That is happening with mine to. I am almost thinking about factory resetting it.

Don't bother.  It won't help.  I have already done this a dozen times....  At best, it will work for a few days and then do the same thing all over....

Best Answer

I'm getting the impression that fitbit are doing nothing to resolve this issue given the complete lack of any response (other than the usual factory reset, disconnect re-connect responses elsewhere which are useless).

Should I now start looking for a replacement for the Versa as you obviously are unwilling to offer any support for your own product?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I continued with Twitter support and they are now sending me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will be interested to know if that actually solves the problem. I have my doubts...

Best Answer
0 Votes

As the Versa that is 'mis-behaving' is a replacement, I dug out the original (replaced as the screen was slowly 'whiting out') and have performed a factory reset on *that* and am connecting it to the app again. This is the basis that a screen that is slowly dying is better than a watch that is never right...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set up the 'duff' Versa & it's working (that about a quarter of the screen is 'whited' out is very annoying - but it syncs...)
Factory reset the Versa with the problem and tried again with it - not recognised at all by my 'phone. Contacting customer support...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Conclusion from customer support is that the Bluetooth module in the watch has failed and they will be sending me a replacement...
Lesson to be learned, as soon as there is an unusual issue, get on to customer support

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Nice to see you around! I apologize for the delayed response. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Please let me know if any of you still having difficulties.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa clock has been slow on and off to the point I’ve had to set my phone alarm as my back up. Today, my phone alarm went off and my versa time was 10 minutes slow! Battery is nearly full and I’ve tried all day sync and automatic. Of course, it’s been just over a year since I purchased so I’m sure I’m past warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes