Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcription error on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had watch only about a month. 5 days ago, had trouble synching, had to factory reset (PAIN IN THE A**) Finally got that fixed (2 hours later) Now, today, suddenly, when i tried to reply to my third in a row text via my voice, it would just do ....... then went back to text without replying (like it wasnt even understanding my voice) Soooooo, after an hour arguing with support, I did ANOTHER factory reset (UGGHH) and now when i try to voice reply to a text, it shows transcription error, asking me to try again. All support says, is, send yours back and within 10-14 days you should get a replacement. BS !!! any help ???

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@kelly0870 - If you’ve contacted Support, they identify a problem and offer you a replacement ... how is that bad? That’s the way warranties work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its bad, because its the 2nd time in less than a month that Ive had issues
and the only help they can give, is "do a factory reset" or "offer a
replacement. One doesn't work and is a pain in the A** and the other is
time consumingly painful that consists of them supposedly sending a new one
to me in the mail within 5-7 days after they get and verify the one I have
to send back first. (supposedly a 14-20 day process) And yet, both issues
that I have had so far (not synching on one occasion and then an error when
trying to talk-text on another) have been resolved by the next day, after I
try a dozen things myself. (None of which, because Ive done so many things,
do I know what actually fixes it) Its just super frustrating for any
product to be this unreliable. So, yeah, Its a PROBLEM
Best Answer
0 Votes

So... 

After having a wonderful chat with Elizabeth, she guided me through a few options but one that did work was this.. 

Tap Profile Picture > Setup a device > Click on the Versa 2 picture and setup as a 'replacement device' (make sure your sync first as previous data will be lost) > follow the steps on screen, setting up the watch like a new one.

Once this has been completed, I was advised to go to notifications and turn voice replies off and on again. This was successful.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and solution. I appreciate your time and feedback as this information may help other members in the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes